help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I need an expert:)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

labeth

Reaction score
I recently went in for a fill for my acrylic tips ( I have had them for 2 months) and go about every 2 weeks. And she proceded to pull, clip, pry them all off. She does not speak very fluent english. It was difficult to understand her. She then did not reapply tips back on the nails and just put the goo ( acrylic ? ) on and we went pretty short. I am a little freaked out at how frayed, layered, and thin my real nails were (after 2 months). I am assumming there is no way to remove the top layer now that there is not any tips between my nails and the what ever the top of artificial nails are. Can I just let then grow out and not keep filling them in. I work in the restaurant business and it was so bad on my nails that is why I got them in the first place. Please let me know what to do. She told me to come back in 2 weeks and I want to let her know what I want her to do. I don't mind continuing to go to a manicurist to help in the process of growing my nails out if there is something special they can so so that I can best keep my nails in the top shape and healthy as they can be. I wanted to thank you in advance for getting back to me about this. I am at my nail shops mercy. I would like to educated about the possiblities. thank you Laura

Hello
I think she did you a natural nail overlay, which is XYZ product applied over your natural nail. In this case you believe she has applied acrylic which is fine. The problem I have is that she never soaked your tips off but pulled & pryed them off which is very damaging to your natural nail. This is not proffesional & NEVER advised to be done.
Keeping up with the overlay will be OK if that's what you want. When all the product is SAFELY removed you nails may still be weak but with proper aftercare they should return to normal after a few weeks.
Apply oil to your cuticles to aid the new nail growth condition.

Others more knowledgeable will help you out more.
HTH

Sonia

Laura

If I understand correctly you are concerned about whether the 'top layer' can be removed now there aren't tips? Well, assuming it is acrylic, it can be removed if done properly. The acrylic layer should be thinned out and then soaked off, followed by oil for your nails and cuticle area and good advice on on homecare.

If you want to grow your natural nails longer an acrylic overlay is a good way to go, but bear in mind that the condition of your nails wont change under the overlay. It is a good way to get the length you want.
I hope this helps you, the more you understand as a client the better your nail treatments will be because you will know why things are being done and what the benefit is.

Yvette
x

Thankyou for the opportunity you have given to answer these questions as this kind of practice (ie unprofessional removal of product) is so very bad and the damage that has now been done to your nails will have to grow out before you see your nails return to the condition they were in formerly.

If removal is required, the professional and healthy option for your nails is to soften and soak off the product gently .. NEVER .. to pull or prize the product from the nail surface.

The problem you face is that many of the Non Standard Salons that are proliferating these days use unbranded cheap products (usually dental-type acrylic) that is (1) too hard to be used on the natural nail and (2) is almost impossible to soften and soak off, so for the sake of time, these unprofessional people, clip and pull the product off instead. To be honest most of these people do not know any different, because they have not had any proper training.

My advice is to go to a salon where the operators are correctly trained to look after the health of your nails ... you get what you pay for and if you are concerned about your nails, then go to someone who knows what they are doing. It will cost a little more, but so does any service that is done by an expert as opposed to amateurs.

It is upsetting to those of us who care to hear this all to familiar story. Natural nails do not have to be degraded in order to be enhanced. You have been caught in a familiar trap. I'm so sorry.

thank you so very much for your kind reply:)

geeg said:
Thankyou for the opportunity you have given to answer these questions as this kind of practice (ie unprofessional removal of product) is so very bad and the damage that has now been done to your nails will have to grow out before you see your nails return to the condition they were in formerly.

If removal is required, the professional and healthy option for your nails is to soften and soak off the product gently .. NEVER .. to pull or prize the product from the nail surface.

The problem you face is that many of the Non Standard Salons that are proliferating these days use unbranded cheap products (usually dental-type acrylic) that is (1) too hard to be used on the natural nail and (2) is almost impossible to soften and soak off, so for the sake of time, these unprofessional people, clip and pull the product off instead. To be honest most of these people do not know any different, because they have not had any proper training.

My advice is to go to a salon where the operators are correctly trained to look after the health of your nails ... you get what you pay for and if you are concerned about your nails, then go to someone who knows what they are doing. It will cost a little more, but so does any service that is done by an expert as opposed to amateurs.

It is upsetting to those of us who care to hear this all to familiar story. Natural nails do not have to be degraded in order to be enhanced. You have been caught in a familiar trap. I'm so sorry.

thank you:)

princessmowgli said:
Hello
I think she did you a natural nail overlay, which is XYZ product applied over your natural nail. In this case you believe she has applied acrylic which is fine. The problem I have is that she never soaked your tips off but pulled & pryed them off which is very damaging to your natural nail. This is not proffesional & NEVER advised to be done.
Keeping up with the overlay will be OK if that's what you want. When all the product is SAFELY removed you nails may still be weak but with proper aftercare they should return to normal after a few weeks.
Apply oil to your cuticles to aid the new nail growth condition.

Others more knowledgeable will help you out more.
HTH

Sonia

Thank You :)
Yvette Willis said:
Laura

If I understand correctly you are concerned about whether the 'top layer' can be removed now there aren't tips? Well, assuming it is acrylic, it can be removed if done properly. The acrylic layer should be thinned out and then soaked off, followed by oil for your nails and cuticle area and good advice on on homecare.

If you want to grow your natural nails longer an acrylic overlay is a good way to go, but bear in mind that the condition of your nails wont change under the overlay. It is a good way to get the length you want.
I hope this helps you, the more you understand as a client the better your nail treatments will be because you will know why things are being done and what the benefit is.

Yvette
x

Latest posts

Back