Help! I squashed my nail today and need info...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

letmefly

Reaction score
Hey

today at work i dropped heavy shelves onto my nail while i was putting them down.

It cut the nail across in the middle of the lunula and it was bleeding from there. Now the lunula is purple and a light black.

I was wondering what happens now, whether the nail falls off or it mends and how long and whatever information you can give me.

Thanks alot for your time and any information you can give me!

P.S. i can send photos if you want to have a look and can help me.

Oh you poor thing. I do sympathise with you, you must be in agony. ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont really know what to advise but I just wanted to say im feeling for you. Hope it gets better.

Hiya, it happened to me..i waswhed my hands in warm clean soapy water..cut my nail enhancement down (tip clippers) nice and short..wiped nail with anti-bacterial wipe and tucked it away in a clean plaster waited a few days until it had calmed down enough to soak off with accetone..keep it clean and change plasters as you go.
good luck
jenx

oops. i'm afraid to say, i think you will find you will have a black nail for a few weeks! bruises like this tend to "grow out" rather than heal and your nail may fall off. but it will grow back.

You poor thing hope it feels better soon

hi l've shut my fingers twice in the car door it hurts like hell, if your nail has gone black it will lift, there's nothing you can do it will grow out as antonia said but it will take about 3/4 months depending how far down it is, l just kept them polished so clients could'ent see it xx

Latest posts

Back