Help is Home Learn enough to get me started?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_james

Reaction score
i have just passed a training course for gel by essential nails and would like to start working on people will just the 1 certificate in gel be enough or do i need to have a certificate in manicures??
they have said even though i have just 1 certificate i am a trained nail tech

Congratulations for passing!! If you feel confident enough to do it - go for it!! Maybe you can do some other courses in manicures & pedicures at a later date, & maybe learn the other systems later such as Acrylic (L&P) ect when you feel ready, Good luck, shelley x

thanks i am currently trying out the l&p odour free but cant seem to get the balance right lol keeps sliding off and when i do it thicker it is not smooth

I am doing the acrylic with EN, loving it, just finding it hard at moment to spend time on it. Goin part time in my job soon so will have more time for it. I have never had my l&p slide off, is your ratio too wet perhaps?

julia_james said:
thanks i am currently trying out the l&p odour free but cant seem to get the balance right lol keeps sliding off and when i do it thicker it is not smooth
Are you actually doing the Acrylic Overlay course?? or just trying to learn it yourself??

i am doing the course

Ring them they are really helpful - i bought a home learn course off them in Aug - but have since decided i need classroom based training so i am starting my Creative L&P Foundation Course on Wednesday - although i think i will finish the essential one at a later date as it is another certificate!!... But i cant fault the service at Essential as they are brilliant!! my nail trainer broke so i sent it back to them for repair...i needed it back for saturday & also need it for my Creative course on Wed - my telephone tutor said if i didnt have it back on friday she would send me a new one - on saturday morning i woke up to the doorbell at 7.15am with UPS Express giving me my brand new nail trainer - with New Glue, tips, primer cards etc...i couldnt believe how brilliant the service was & i had it in time for college as promised!! So i would advise you to ring them for help as they are sooo helpful & youve paid all the money for the gel course & now the acrylic one so you are entitled to help & support from them, good luck with your courses, shelley xxx

EN staff are brilliant!

here here!!!! lol

I totally agree Nikki and Hannah.:)
Ive just started the EN acrylic and tip overlay course and the help and advice you get from them is A1. Although the dvd is a bit naff, the products seem to be good. I only started in september and am also finding it a bit difficult for time, especially with a 3 rear old racing round my feet!:eek:
But hey keep with it!
Liddy xx

Latest posts

Back