Help me hair geeks!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sara x

Reaction score
I'm a beauty/holistic therapist so don't know much about hair and hope you lovely hair geeks can advise me?
Just had a full head of blonde highlights which looks nice but I have noticed a few horizontal blonde "stripes" and wondered what these are and if there is anything I can do to get rid of them and is it worth going back to hairdresser?
Will they fade or am I stuck with them until they grow out?
When my hair is put up(which is quite often) it is really noticeable.
Can anyone suggest anything i can do without going back to hair salon?
Thanks!

Hi Sara, you really have to go back to the salon..the only way they can be corrected is by the hairdresser weaving out and colouring the stripey bits. The stylist will have noticed this when blowdrying your hair and should have corrected it there and then or arranged for you to come back if it wasnt convenient for you, v bad that they didnt sort this out for you at the time.! The bleach/colour has basically bled out of the foils/packets..which means poor application, the odd one can happen from time to time to anyone but if you have a lot then id guess the stylist is inexperienced.

Thanks DebCam, really appreciate your help. My usual lovely stylist is away so tried another place which I didnt really like but will be a brave girl and go back. At least it sounds like it may be possible to rescue it!
Thanks again for taking time to reply and enjoy the sunshine(?!)
Sx

yep definately go back!!! this is a result of poor application as explained above. It can easily be corrected (free of charge) by spot colouring with your natural colour over the stripey bits! Its naughty that u were sent out like that!!!! x

yes agree with the above.. foils have leaked...go back and ask them to correct..good luck X

Thanks so much for your advice girls. I think I'm going to wait until my hairdresser comes back from holiday and ask her to correct it. I would rather pay to have it done properly! That'll teach me to be impatient!!

Latest posts

Back