Help me with my training decisions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm going round in circles trying to decide which course to do. So any advice /comments / thoughts from fellow geeks would be greatly appreciated! It might be a long post ..lol!

I've taken an odd route into beauty ( via acupuncture and cosmetic acupuncture ) and want to develop skills that will sit along side my existing but recession hit business!

I'm hoping to have a treatment list that will encourage loyal clients wanting regular treatments, as that will suit my home based therapy room best.
I can't rely on footfall past the door.

I hold rather old and dusty ITEC's in massage. aromatherapy, sports therapy. Last year I added VTCT skincare (goes really well with cosmetic acu! ) and VTCT stone therapy massage. I'm booked to do a waxing/sugar/threading course in the new year, and have got my mits on a blend electrolysis machine...so that could be next.

Is that enough? should I be looking at adding eye treatments so I can do lift/tints and lashes? OR manicure so I can do nails, gel nail ext's maybe?

I'm not in the south east, but north Wilts so trending treatments aren't as big here. Good quality /bread and butter treatments are what I need.

I'm not sure where this venture will take make........maybe I'll be running my own spa in a few years ( mind you I'm 48 now! )

Sounds like you got some good treatments! I think manicures and pedicures would be a good one to add! Then maybe after train in shellac Ect!! X

Sounds like you're doing everything right to me. With a good range of treatments to build on it sounds like you've already got a good plan :)

Latest posts

Back