help me

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruth hawkins

Reaction score
hi,my name is ruth and ive just signed up.
ive been using ibd gel and cant get on with it.
Ive been told that the bio sculptered gel is alot more effective,strengthening and conditioning your nail while preventing damage and fungal growth.
is there any truth in ?

ruth hawkins said:
hi,my name is ruth and ive just signed up.
ive been using ibd gel and cant get on with it.
Ive been told that the bio sculptered gel is alot more effective,strengthening and conditioning your nail while preventing damage and fungal growth.
is there any truth in ?

Ahhhhh....no none at all...dont worry you will get all the answers you need on here....xx

ps...welcome Ruth xx

Ruth you poor thing, you've been caught out by their scaremongering marketing, and I'm not going to say any more about that or I'll be here all night,except to back up what Angie has said, there is no truth in those claims at all!

What is it about IBD that you are finding a problem, maybe we can help you with that and save you some money.

Ruth,
I've been using IBD for about 6 months. Its well know to be one of the strongest there is and although obviously its horses for courses, I absolutely love working with it.

If you have a look via the search you will find lots of info on nail enhancement products, dubious marketing and how it is designed to mislead people.

I've attached an excerpt from a flyer I give to every new customer which might help. Also reading Doug Schoons book "Nail Structure and Product Chemistry" will help alot.

Are your products organic/non-toxic/natural/safe?
ALL nail products are organic. Organic simply means that the chemical contains carbon in its structure. All living things are organic. Other than rocks, sand, metals, water and air, almost everything else on earth is organic! Cow dung, poison ivy and road tar are all organic and natural but you wouldn't want your shampoo to contain these ingredients. Do not be mislead by marketing by companies claiming their products are organic/natural/non- toxic/safe and so better for your nails. This is done to suggest that other products are not organic etc. and therefore bad for your nails.
There is no doubt that a product like acetone is dangerous, its flammable and its a solvent. However if used correctly its harmless as are many household products and elements we all use everyday organic and non organic.
I do not buy from companies that use scare tactics to improve their sales. Any good Nail Technician should be discerning enough to understand basic nail structure and product chemistry and not be fooled. Unfortunately clients are
believing what they are being told which is unfair and misleading.

HTH

Hi

I copied this from the biosculpture website.

biosculpture website said:
Bio Sculpture offers a permanent nail colour that lasts for weeks without wearing or chipping. The advantage of Bio Sculpture Colour Gel is that you can easily change your nail colour by simply applying Bio Sculpture Varnish. Later the polish can be removed with Bio Sculpture’s non-acetone cleanser and the permanent nail colour will be restored to its original state. When wiped with non-acetone cleanser the permanent colour will not be removed in the same fashion as nail varnish.

Visit your qualified Bio Sculpture Technician to discover the difference of a healthier nail treatment that’s a pleasure to use and wear. Bio Sculpture Gel makes nails beautiful, flexible and strong. A most superior product that will not damage the natural nails.

Available in over 50 beautiful fashion colours, french and clear, with matching nail varnish for easy home after-care
Thin, strong, flexible, natural looking
Will not chip or smudge
Excellent for toenails – Dries instantly, will not wear away or smudge
Gel extensions – Add length naturally
A nail treatment to strengthen and condition natural nails
Removal is quick and easy – no damage to natural nails

There is not one lie spoken above, in no way have biosculpture slandered any other nail covering at all. All they are doing is promoting their brand just like any other company. I am getting a little fed up of biosculpture being tarnished with the same brush as calgel. As you can see on my profile i use a lot of different brands and Biosculpture is one of them its a very good gel and a respectable brand. Having worn it i do find it does "strengthen and condition my nails" only in the same way as any other overlay like L+P for example but unlike L+P it never chips off or seperates at the free edge. When i have it removed my nails are very strong and in good condition which if i am honest they are not after wearing L+P or hard gels. The only other system i have found that leaves them in as nice condition are some wrap systems. This is my personal opinion i have been doing and have worn nails since the early 1980's.

Its a superior gel i must agree.

calgel website said:
The Calgel Nail System is a comprehensive range of nail care and enhancement products and treatments centred on Calgel - a chemically organic compounded gel that is applied by brush after a little buffing to the natural nail. The application is applied by our trained and qualified nail technicians either working in salons and beauty parlours or at home throughout the UK.

Once applied, Calgel is then cured for 30 seconds for clear and 3 minutes for colour under a UV light. Once cured the gel becomes a thin nail-like substance - natural looking and extremely flexible like real nails, but strong and durable without looking thick and false.

I don't mean for this post to be taken in anyway to be offensive and is not aimed at anyone in particular, however i and i am sure other biosculpture users on this site , of which there are many, shouldn't have to defend our choice of brand.

hi Ruth

I use Bio Sculpture and Brisa gels

Bio is excellent for natural nail overlays, toes, fab as it comes in all colours its soak off..................but its not cheap (get what you pay for!!)

Brisa is fantastically strong, nice and easy to apply.....only downers ...file off.....no colours yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get to the show at the nec to perhaps see some being demo'd??

Good luck......i know its not easy deciding :-(

Ambxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I certainly wouldnt tar Bio Sculpture with the same BIG brush but I cant help thinking that their use of words like natural, healthier and any claims about conditioning nails or preventing nail damage/ fungal growth is ill advised. I was taught that it is simply not possible to have healthier nails without making a positive change to the matrix, I dont see how any overlay can do that, some of the other claims are also not possible. I could be missing something here as I'm a relative newbie so please correct me if I'm wrong. I believe all this gives the client an immediate mind set that the alternatives are likely to be the opposite. They dont need to diss another brand directly, their clever use of words uses psycology on clients to make them believe its the best choice.

I had a call from a new client who ask for the brand specifically. I simply said I wasnt trained to use it and recommended someone locally who was. She only wanted BS because she was told that they were organic.

I had a great set of Bios once, loved them and were great to just soak off, I have no problem with the products (or Calgels for that matter) but they shouldnt be allowed to make false claims which are not founded on evidence. I was told catagorically by the tech that applied these nails that the products were organic and better for my nails! This was before I was qualified and I really fell for it hook line and sinker.

Latest posts

Back