Help! My hair is bright orange/yellow

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new and I joined Salon Geek to learn all about nails and eventually open a business. Just thought that I may get some help from the hairdressing forum about my hair. Hope this is ok to ask about self inflicted hair probs :(

Yesterday I bleached my hair as i want to go platignum silver white. I
My hair is dyed dark brown and I'm pleased with all the dye being removed:) I don't want to put an ash blonde on as suggested. I want to see if I can complete the whole process and go to silver white.

I've been advised to use Schwarzkopf silver shampoo but can only get it on line and being bank hol it will not arrive until next week.

Does anyone know where I can get this shampoo in Merseyside or within travelling distance of Merseyside (my hubby has kindly said he will pick it up for me today - i cant really go out with my hair looking as it does. I know I should have gone to a professional but too late now)

Any help at all would be appreciated..

thanks

Indi

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not a hairdresser but I have blonde hair and use a purple/silver shampoo on my hair to keep the blonde bright and take the yellow tones out.

U say your hair has gone very orange/yellow I think you might need more than a shampoo to sort it out a hairdresser might correct me on this. But when I use mine iv tried lots of different ones it's only a subttle change I have to use it every day for about a week to get I white ish colour. I think it's only supposed to work to take a small about of the yellow out if your hair it won't change the compleate colour

hth x

Ring around your local salons and ask if they stock a product (shampoo & a conditioner) called Color PACT, they would mix this up for you in the salon, as it would vary on the level of yellow/orange in your hair.

Hope that helps

Sian Rogers

findingserenity.co.uk

Blue based shampoos will not correct a yellow/orange base.... so dont waste your money on it. It is meant to maintain PALE blonde shades.
You are midway thru a correction, and your base is not at a level where it can be made light without more bleach, which i dont reccommend doing yourself.
It sounds like you have removed alot of the color, but this is where the pros need to be called in. At this state, it will be easy to over process and ruin your hair. The fine line between pale blonde and BROKEN is very thin...if you step over it, no stylist will want to touch it, as it will be too far gone and usually the only two options at that point are dark or chopped!
Please call a stylist who specializes in correction. You wont be sorry.

Latest posts

Back