Help needed on french Polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie_C

Reaction score
Hi there
I was just wanting to know if anyone could help me i am wanting to do a set of nails with french polish but not really very sure on how to go about it i have got the white tips but do not know where i need to put the nautral polish(allover the nail and tip or just on the nail bed!!!!!) this is on gel nails by the way any help would be great thank you very much!!

i personally prep nails, apply cnd Stickey basecoat, then french white polish, tidy up smile line with scrubfresh, apply 2 coats of whichever colour polish over whole nail, then cnd Super Shiney topcoat, finishing off with Solar Speed Spray.
people do different kinds of french, some apply the white after the pink/natural polish, it all depends on which way you prefer to work and the look you're trying to achieve.
if you're using gel then you could avoid the french polish and do a paint on white gel, then proceed with the basecoat and coloured polish etc etc.
x

edit:... oops, just realised i started off by saying prep nails, you would have already done that if you're using gel :o sorry, I was in french mani mode lol

hey katie, i cant quite understand why you will be wanting to do a french polish on top of white tips on gel nails? am i getting confused, surely once youve done the nails theyll look like french anyway then all youd need is a clear top coat or equivalent, tell me more as im confused!!!
doesnt take a lot for me!!!! lol

I there i have done the nails before without using the natural polish but found that the white was just to bright and would like the natural polish on them as well but find that if i put the natural polish all over the nail and tip the tip turn a funny colour and that if i dont, again the tip is too bright white!!!

ok!!! well i dont use gel so someone else will probably give you the correct answer!!!!! but id either use natural tips and apply a white gel on the free edge thats not a "bright" white or sculpt the gel as before ,but like i said im l and p not gel
what products are you using by the way???

Ok thanks anyway!! well i have only just starting doing nails and trained with star nails so i have been using there products as dont really know any others that are any good!!!!

if you use a pastel pink, an irridescent pink/lilac or a similar colour it shouldn't change the colour of the tip, only soften it a little to take off the harshness of the white.

katie check out the searrch box and you will find loads of gel companies that people speak highly of
hope that helps xxxx

p.s put gel in or something in the search box!!!

Back