Help needed on setting up a web site!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceptionail

Reaction score
I have used word publisher wizard to design my website, but what do i do next?

Can anyone help please?
I don't mind paying for my name as i want my own logos and layout and i've read on other threads that you don't have this choice with the free websites.

Hope someone can help as I'm quite excited about getting my site up and running.

Thank you,

xxx

Hi, I'm interested about this too. Can't afford to have a website made for me - was the wizard easy to use? How long did it take you?

hi there...to form your own business you can get some info from website:
http://www.incorporationsuk.com/companyregistrations.htm
you can register your company name (so no one else uses it) and reserve it for the web (however it doesn't stop people from copying you). they also provide help re yur own company webpage but not sure of fees. hope this help a little?
Pernille

Might be worth a PM to Seanny, he seems to be the website wiz! x

You dont really need to go to the extent of registering with Companies house unless you really want a name that no one else in the country can have but do you really want the expense of that.

I created my website using Microscoft Front Page which comes with most MS suites. It is very much point and shoot - if you know Word then you can do Front Page.

You will need to purchase your domain name - really inexpensive - and then upload your pages onto your server.

As has been mentioned already Seanny is the Website Wizard!

Sounds a fantastic idea good luck,

Creating a web presence.........
First you need a domain name, then you need a hosting server, the a web page created by hmmmmmmmmm a webby sort of person lol or geek lol..................there are lots to choose from, some you pay for and some are free.........
the free ones usualy have a prefix before your chosen name........ like for example http://www.uploadhere.yourname.co.uk or .com ,freewebs is one of them and tripod is another...........

Give Seanny ,the Website Wizard a shout he is fab xxxx well he would be, he is a geek afterall xxxxxx

I too am a website geek just about finished on www.eliteonline.co.uk, if you have any questions email me, Elite should be live over the next few weeks with online shop etc...so watch this space......

Latest posts

Back