help needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondee

Reaction score
:Scared: hi there just really wanting some advice, i have a client who i have been colouring her hair for about 5 years and i coloured her hair a few weeks ago and she had a slight reaction, itchy and little blisters around her hairline. she had a tattoo a few weeks prior and now i no this can cause a chemical imbalance. so maybe this was the cause. anyway she wanted the same colours this time so i gave her a skin test of a 3 (which i no contains the most concentrated ppd's but she wernt havin any of it) and also did a bleach skin test as i use a scalp bleach for the rest of her hair. anyway youve guessed it she had a reaction to the 3 not the bleach. so she is comin back into the salon on fri for me to do another skintest on a base 5. i just dont no what to do should i do it or just say your gonna have another reaction. its givin me a heart attack just thinkin about it. please help me on what to say to her. and also are there any bleaches or colours that dont contain ppd's. she defo still wants bleach though so am gonna say ill foil it and put cotton wool inbetween foils just to be extra cautious. do you think this is a good idea? and should i get her to sign something if she is insistent. i just dont no what could have caused this reaction. am sick with worry. any advise would be much appreachiated xxx

To be honest, if she's had a reaction and now reacted to a skin test, I wouldn't colour her hair. She will just react again and then your insurance will be invalid, not worth the risk. Stick to your guns, I get the feeling she will be insistent but I really wouldn't do it.

So shes fine with the bleach but not the base shade is that right? Just tell her your happy to do the bleach but theres no way you can do the colour, or are you meaning put colour in foils for her? Sorry im a little confused ! :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I wouldn't do it-it's not worth possible comeback. Maybe she doesn't realise how bad an allergic reaction can be-could you print her off some information and give it to her?
All I can suggest is semi colour.

if she has had this reaction to a skin test just imagine the state she will be in if it an all over colour NO WAY WOULD I DO IT!!!! it's not worth the risk and if she ends up looking like a puffa fish then she isn't going to be happy and then she WILL blame you!! your insurance won't be valid as you tested and she reacted so on your head be it. Sorry to be blunt but thats the way things work :( whether she insists or not you need to think of her health and your career, all she will think about is having the hair colour SHE wants.

hth x

i wouldnt do it either hun , could you convert her to HL and semi inbetween .. i know some people who are allergic but are ok with semi's , try do a test with a semi and see ..

hi thanks for all your replies its really reassured me, yes alexandra she is fine with the bleach but not the colour, and yes am kinda thinkin maybe puttin foils in but she came in today and hardly has any roots anyway, i gave her another skin test with a semi and she was insictent she wanted perminant but i said well your allergic to it so its not really an option anymore. so she looked kinda mad with me. i said about the foils and she was like well i dont want foils i want it on my scalp!grrrr so i said i cant because if you have a reaction to the bleach and explained that id spoke to schwarzkopf tech support and they had advised me against it,....... sorry to keep ramballin on i also said if i did end up doin foil weaves i would need her to sign a disclaimer. to be honest i dont wanna do it but i feel like she thinks its my fault that shes had a reaction and i dont want her to think iv just left her with no options and eventually massive dark roots.

Hi, I wouldn't do it either - just be careful with disclaimers hun, it can invalidate your insurance x

a semi wont make any difference, its the pigment she has had a reaction to, not the developer!
I wouldn't do it-it's not worth possible comeback. Maybe she doesn't realise how bad an allergic reaction can be-could you print her off some information and give it to her?
All I can suggest is semi colour.

I was always taught that semis don't contain the same level of ppd so less likely to have a reaction.

Latest posts

Back