Help needed re Renting Charges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshrarebit

Reaction score
Hi All

Ive not been here for a while but ive been given an opportunity to rent a room in a hairdressers. The girl is renting the hairdressers herself and has been doing it for the past 3 weeks. She was wanting £65.00 per week. But I cant do a full week. So I went and had a chat with her. I can do 2 days a week and possibly a couple of late nights. She has said ok and is asking me for £40.00 per week this includes everything - water, heating, lighting etc.

The room is fully equiped for fully beauty treatment (which I cant do at the moment) but I am looking in the new year to start training in some beauty treatments, mainly waxing, eyebrow and eyelash tinting and ear piercing. I already do smilegems.

My question is do you think this is a reasonable rent? I have no idea whatsoever in this area. So any suggestions/comments will be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Love

Debbie xxx

Why not try working out how much money you can potentially earn working these hours and then assess what percentage £40 is of your gross takings. If you can pay the rent and still earn money - hey presto - PROFIT! That rent in my area which is out in the sticks ismore than reasonable...

Hi,

I am hopefully going to be opening up a nail / beauty salon with a hairdressers next year and I have two rooms to rent out. I was unsure how much to rent the rooms out for so I checked around my area to see what was the going rate. The rate in my area is between £80 - £125 per week. I decided that I needed a full time therapist in one room and then maybe a part-time or full-time holistic therapist for the other room.

I decided to go with the £125 p/w for a couple of reasons:

1) There is absolutely no competition in my area. You have to travel about 4/5 miles to get to the nearest beauty salon so the therapists earning potential is quite high;

2) I had to cover my overheads;

3) For a full-timer (5 days) it actually only works out at £25 per day.

So, as someone else has already said take a look at what you expect your profits to be. It would only work out £20 per day and then you get a couple of evenings free if that's what you decide to do. If you only got 1 full set in on both days that you've cleared your rent and whatever else you make is yours!!! A bit of advertising will help drum up business too.

Latest posts

Back