Help..no contract.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's my two pence worth.

Your boss seems like a pain in the backside and i don't think her salon will do too good without you, but that's her problem.

Leave and go mobile. Take all your belongings with you and don't forget anything. You said that you have built up the clientelle by doing the marketting so you can do the same thing for yourself, letting them know that you have started on your own. If they like you, they'll come to you and you won't need to take the client cards.

The only problem for you could be that she might refuse to pay you your final week if she is paying you a week in hand.

Good luck x

Hello,

Phone ACAS helpline, they can give you advice on where you stand.

Hope that helps. x

I'd be worried about my missed N.I. contributions.

Phone HMRC and report her. She's probably not registered as an employer and even if she is she is effectively pocketing money (your tax and NI) that is owed to HMRC:eek:.

Mustn't make assumptions, but there's probably other tax related irregularities that they'll discover too

If you're in a situation at work where you are unhappy and do not have the means to rectify the problem, why stay?

If you can get the pay you want and other changes..., all things considered would you still stay? I very much doubt it.

I think this clearly tells you its time to move on with your job.

p.s you have been successful before this proves you can do it again, so why keep working with someone who doesn't care about their business.

Last edited:
This is another resurrected OLD thread and I'm sure the OP moved on a long time ago and no longer needs our advice or assistance.

Latest posts

Back