Help on colour problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bougeac

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I spent all of yesterday doing my daughters hair! let me explain.

She has shoulder length hair about a base 6 which i have been foil highlighting using majiblond 902.

This has given a nice natural result but she decided that she wanted all over colour so yesterday the plan was to do a full head.

Firstly my problems began when i realised i didnt have enough colour for the job but DID have a couple of tubes of majiblond 900s. I figured it would be ok to tint over the older 902 highlights. Anyways, I mixed 40 vol with the 900s (shouldnt have done this) resulting in her scalp stinging.

I applied the colour to the mid lengths and ends first then to the roots.

After the full development time and drying the hair....

It didnt look great... it came out a kinda strawberry blond but at the root areas it looks goldy/orangy YIKES!!!!.

She didnt like the result and insisted on me doing something to fix the situation. Based on what i had at home i ended up weaving a load of dark blond 7/3 highlights through the whole head to break up the colour.

Its certainly helped to remove a lot of the offending colour but there are still areas which look too gold/orangey.

Any tips?

Chris x

Hey hun try toning it with something that has blue ash in maybe a /02 of whatever base you need if I've got loreals tones right xx

Hey hun try toning it with something that has blue ash in maybe a /02 of whatever base you need if I've got loreals tones right xx

Blue is /1 violet is /2

Thanks everyone for your input!

Will try and be more carefull next time...:rolleyes:

btw whats your views on the maximum peroxid strength that should be applied directly to the scalp?

Chris x

For highlift tints 12 % but for bleach I don't really like to go higher than 6%. Just a personal preference for me though :)

if its orangey yellowy a toner wont help, you need to lift it more. weave some foils of bleach and pastel through her parting and just keep an eye on it. then tone if necessary. xx

For highlift tints 12 % but for bleach I don't really like to go higher than 6%. Just a personal preference for me though :)

High lift tints are not designed to be applied to the scalp so try lower first but level 10 is the same as a highlift, as you can't get any lighter than is other than bleach, it's the more tone it has in it that makes it look lighter optically.

Highlift tints can be used on the scalp! 12/1 12/0 etc with 40vol but I would do what Kim suggested, weave some bleach foils through the parting x

Highlift tints can be used on the scalp! 12/1 12/0 etc with 40vol but I would do what Kim suggested, weave some bleach foils through the parting x

Yes you can but they were never designed to be used this way as they are high lift and contain a lot more chemicals the scalp gets aggrivated by

Yes you can but they were never designed to be used this way as they are high lift and contain a lot more chemicals the scalp gets aggrivated by

Really? I have always used the high lift blondes on the scalp - I was taught that they were the alternative to using bleach with the benefit of containing tone. I'm by no means an expert but it seems strange that you say they weren't intended for use on the scalp? Hmm I will do a bit of research myself later on, as I can't see what we could offer our clients that want a nice clean blonde without using a high lift or bleach on the scalp.

As far as I'm aware they were not designed to go on the scalp but many salons do it :) we did it alot in the one I just left, manufacturers instructions should say I haven't got a tube to hand :). And on the toner it just depends how dark the orange is and how light you want to tone x

Latest posts

Back