Help please 'spa' skincare needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyV

Vic Jackson
Reaction score
Hello All,

Any advice is welcome here.

I own a large, rural boutique beauty salon in Cheshire. We have 3 treatment rooms and 3 nails desks. We are busy most of the time. We are predominately a nail salon but do Silhouette facials, derma lift and MDB as well as all the usual beauty stuff.
We are looking to expand our facial range and possibly spa type treatments.
All the companies on my initial list e.g. Spa, Temple spa, Decleor etc all want a massive initial investment and then reading threads on here seem to be constantly on your case for monthly sales targets! That is not how I roll and whilst I want a luxurious spa brand, I seriously don't want someone dictating what we do and how much we sell.
So, I am thinking maybe now about going 'boutiquey' with my ranges and having smaller companies stock us for retail and treatments. Anyone got any ideas where to start? I also saw on a thread here a lady from URBAN SPA? I really liked the sound of it but I can't find it now? When I google them its in Australia. Anyone have a uk contact?
We are also looking into Cognito skin care? Anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance

Vic xx

Have you looked at Swissdermyl? They're lovely, results driven products. No minimum opening order, no sales targets and the best customer service. They do body treatments as well.

Lynne Baker who is the distributor is often on here. You may be able to message her.

A great company to work with and of course, great products.

Vic x

Great name BTW x

Have you looked into Eve Taylor products? You have to have a minimum spend of £50 to order, and to qualify for free carriage the order needs to be over £100, but apart from that - I like that I just buy what I need as I go along, and I love the products :)

Espa are amazing I used to use these when I worked in a spa and still use it as my own skincare now. If you drop them an email they are super helpful and they do keep their products really only for spas xxx

Espa are amazing I used to use these when I worked in a spa and still use it as my own skincare now. If you drop them an email they are super helpful and they do keep their products really only for spas xxx
Thanks for reply, we have already tried Espa but there is a place within the restricted distance in our town so they can't stock us, but I believe they are like I described above, huge initial order etc. I have decided I am going boutique with few smaller brands.

Hello All,

Any advice is welcome here.

I own a large, rural boutique beauty salon in Cheshire. We have 3 treatment rooms and 3 nails desks. We are busy most of the time. We are predominately a nail salon but do Silhouette facials, derma lift and MDB as well as all the usual beauty stuff.
We are looking to expand our facial range and possibly spa type treatments.
All the companies on my initial list e.g. Spa, Temple spa, Decleor etc all want a massive initial investment and then reading threads on here seem to be constantly on your case for monthly sales targets! That is not how I roll and whilst I want a luxurious spa brand, I seriously don't want someone dictating what we do and how much we sell.
So, I am thinking maybe now about going 'boutiquey' with my ranges and having smaller companies stock us for retail and treatments. Anyone got any ideas where to start? I also saw on a thread here a lady from URBAN SPA? I really liked the sound of it but I can't find it now? When I google them its in Australia. Anyone have a uk contact?
We are also looking into Cognito skin care? Anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance

Vic xx

Hello Vic, I would say look at Katherine Daniels Cosmetics, a really great brand and it sounds as though its just what you're looking for!

Kristie x

Try Germaine De Capuccini? We use their products at work and I love them!!xx

Thanks for reply, we have already tried Espa but there is a place within the restricted distance in our town so they can't stock us, but I believe they are like I described above, huge initial order etc. I have decided I am going boutique with few smaller brands.
Ah well tbh I didn't get as far as order amounts. It's just little old me and they said you had to have 3 treatment rooms. I was gutted I couldn't order as like I say product wise I can't fault it.....would have been a plus to get my own skin products at trade price lol x

We used to use la sultane de Saba in a spa I worked in . Loved it x

Ah well tbh I didn't get as far as order amounts. It's just little old me and they said you had to have 3 treatment rooms. I was gutted I couldn't order as like I say product wise I can't fault it.....would have been a plus to get my own skin products at trade price lol x
Yeah I love the products too! Gutted really but those initial orders are a killer and if you don't keep up with orders and they close your account it's a total waste of money.
Vic x

Pinks boutique products are lovely try them they are very helpful x

Oooh I like the sound of that, I'll check it out. x
Pinks Boutique looks really lovely, do you use them? I have emailed them for more info. x

I've used them on myself in the past & they are lovely - they also stock a range of spa accessories, i purchased my pedicure bowls from them x

hi i totally know where your coming from and ive just become a distributor of a new brand their arent no targets im an ex dermalogica therapist got sick of the constant price increases and constant bringing out more new products if you would like some information i will inbox you about it and the start up pack is less than £200! and my team are lovely

Latest posts

Back