Help regarding party's manicure and pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tab

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I'm going to be holding a pamper evening party to advertise myself. I was going to offer manicures and pedicures on the evening just to give people an idea of what’s involved and how good the results can be. I was wondering if I should charge people for this. If so how much?

Should I just offer what I can a mini manicure: - cuticle removal, shape, base coat, colour or nail art, top coat, cuticle oil? Or should I offer a soak and hand massage as well?

If I was to do pedicures I was going to do much the same routine as the manicure, but not offer a soak as it would be too much changing water etc...

I've also got a Mary Kay rep. coming who said that she would do a hand massage with her products and then send them for me to do the rest and the same with feet? Would that be a better idea?

Help!!!

Should I try and sell cuticle oils, hand creams, foot creams etc. to the clients that I treat?

Sorry to go on, but thought that I’d ask all you out there for your help and advise, as now I’ve registered and read hours of advise on here I thought I could get some myself.

Many Thanks to you all.

I would do manis and pedis but keep them simple, cuticle work file and shape polish or nail art, keep it to 30minute slots and charge them either so much for a part of so many people or £10 each and book them appoinmtnet times. or you could charge a bit more and give them a small party bag the option is yours, maybe mini solar oil and butter in alittle bag.

No reason why the Mary Kay lady cant massge them afte your done, make sure you give them a copy of your business card or leaflet as well so they can get efills.
Good luck hun and let us know how it goes
HTH

HelloI havent done many, so probably not the best one to answer but the couple i have done i have made a small charge. I offered "mini Mani/pedi" and people seemed happy witht the resultsIn my limited experience pople have been happy to pay, could you offer special price/discount if book for full treatment. Just a way to encourage people.I done similiar, file, shape, cuticle removal and polish. I havent had retail items untill recently. If you have any i would say a must. Do take them.Good luck and let us know how you get on!Claire Xxx

Hi Scattyfox

Thanks for your time in replying.

I will definalty consider the gift bag thing. I'm off to my wholesalers later so might see what bits they have and do some bags.

Thanks again and i'll let you know how it goes its on the 28-10-05.

Hi Rainbow girl

Thanks for your time in replying it greatfully appreciated.

I like the idea of offering the discount if they book a further treatment, that could work out really well.

What discount would you recommend, i normally give new clients a 10% on there first book as a way of thanking them for using me. Maybe i should offer them 20 - 30% or do you think thats too much? Or should i give every client that has a mani/pedi a £5.00 discount voucher?

Open for suggestions as i'm totally braindead now, thinking too much got brainache. lol

thanks again

I think that you would be better off if you offered a gift with the first service rather than a % discount, maybe 'free bottle of solar oil worth X amount' or 'free nail art with first treatment'... Luxury mani/pedi for the price of regular if you book tonight... somthing like that doesn't cost you too much and the client feels like they are getting something special...

Hi Sherrie

Thanks for that.

I offer a small amount of nail art in the cost of a full set of nails anyway, but like the idea of offering a luxury mani/pedi for the price of a regular is a good idea.

They feel like they are getting a bargin then, and we all love a bargain.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back