Help - UV Bio over Konad?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow Bright

Reaction score
Hey fellow Geeks,
Wondering if anyone can help - been playing with my Konad set and I'm having difficulty getting my UV top coat to cover the special polish. I use Bio Sculpture and do the following steps:

1 x sculpting base coat, cure
2 x colour, cure
wipe off residue and stamp with Konad special polish
1 x UV top coat, cure

Problem is the UV top coat is not covering the stamp, it's as if the konad polish repels the UV top coat, so it cures everywhere except on the stamped bit, then when I wipe the final residue layer it removes the stamp. I've tried putting a second layer of UV top coat, and the strange thing is sometimes that works and sometimes it still doesn't work even after three coats. Getting a bit frustrated as I'd hate for it all to go wrong in front of a client.

Can any of you lovely people spot anything I'm doing wrong? I've also posted this on the Konad group, but not had and magic answers to my dilemma yet!

thanks

Have you tried putting flexi or s-gel on first as uv should not go directly over colour? x

Sorry meant to add to that konad is a bit tricky with top coats, mine hates my NSI one but works really well with Gelish, not tried bio yet so please let me know how you get on x

Sorry meant to add to that konad is a bit tricky with top coats, mine hates my NSI one but works really well with Gelish, not tried bio yet so please let me know how you get on x

Hi Daisydo, I'm sure we were told that you could just use the UV as a top coat, I used to use s-gel but got loads of lifting, using the UV has been much better. I'll give it a go with the sealer gel in between to see if that makes a difference - thanks

Oooh I was told that I could not do this but I am going to try your way too as although my clients do not get a lot of lifting it always looks like it is going to by the time they come back in (it would also save a small fortune!). I recently had Calgel come out and train me too as the Salon I work at used to use them so they did it for free. Was leaning towards changing as I am getting good results just using their colour and top (they do not use base or UV gel) but I will give this a go first! x

Anyone got any further ideas?
thanks

Latest posts

Back