help with accounts/books etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyou for all help and advice

can i ask u mobile techs if u service ur car, car insurance, road tax, mot and petrol etc. does that all come from your business money or personal or half/half??
x

Hi buttonmoon - I've read all the responses re whether or not an accountant is worth the money. My accountant is worth his weight in gold to me, he answers all my 'silly' questions about tax, what I can offset against profit, what forms I need to fill in etc etc. One HUGE benefit of an accountant is if you ever need credit, ie a mortgage, bank loan, HP etc they will always ask for your accountants details if you are self-employed - if you don't have one then they will want to see 3 years' accounts, so if you've only just started out self employed then you are counted as a big risk.

You mentioned about how much to claim for petrol etc - well I keep all my receipts for petrol then just offset a percentage of what is business use ie 30% of your petrol each week is business use. Hope that helps!

Sorry, forgot to say that I offset the whole amount of car tax, servicing, any repairs, valeting etc of my car - cos without my car I couldn't run my business!! Don't know what everyone else does but it's never been queried in 5 years (touch wood!).

Get in touch with the princes trust, ie your mentor from there.

I am sure they will be able to help you

Latest posts

Back