help with acetone allergy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylie

Reaction score
can anyone help me i have a client who is allergic to acetone so how will i remove her acrylic nails

you'd think she would have mentioned this before having them put on! i always ask clients in the first consultation if they have any allergies....

but good question....i'll keep my eye on this to see what can be used.

How do you know she is allergic to acetone?

Just curious as it is one of the safest solvents in the world. As it is just a ketone, the body uses ketones -
"The brain, in particular, relies heavily on ketone bodies as a substrate for lipid synthesis and for energy during times of reduced food intake. At the NIH (National Institue of Health), Dr. Richard Veech refers to ketones as "magic" in their ability to increase metobolic efficiency, while decreasing production of free radicals, the damaging byproducts of normal metabolism. His work has shown that ketone bodies may treat neurological diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease (source), and the heart and brain operate 25% more efficiently using ketones as a source of energy"

It is common for sensative people to find the drying effects to harsh on their skin, if this is the case you could try a gentle option such as Product Remover by Creative Nail Design. This is the reason we have such products ;)

As was said above, it may be the drying effect she doesn't like. You could always apply cuticle oil around the finger, not the nail while soaking off so it creates a barrier.

The only way to remove them quickly is to use acetone, but you could always buff them off so they are really thin, being careful not to reach the natural nail, then oil the fingers and skin surrounding the nails and briefly soak them in acetone to take off the last layer. As it's thin, it won't take long. ( the buffing will though.)

Latest posts

Back