Help with Bio French..........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sassy sarah

Reaction score
I need help from all you Bio geeks......

Have tried so many different ways to get the perfect french......and it still doesn't look right.

Have been taught to put do one layer of clear - followed by 2 thin coats of white - and to get the perfect smile line - wipe along the smile line with another clean brush (hope that makes sense). When I do it this way I don't seem to be able to wipe it off cleanly ie white on the clear gel. So started doing the white first - seems to be easier to wipe off but if nails have any ridges the smile line doesn't stay straight. Also the white seems to have brush marks in it !! HELP !!

Also (sorry) I find that it discolours really quickly - the sealer gel hasn't helped - is there anything else I can try.

hey buddy

smiles can take ages to master !!

i personally dont swipe very often as it gets messy with practise youll be able to do them without having to swipe after.

If you find them getting 'blurred' just wipe your spare brush in sanitizer then swipe.

Nailstyle did a good tutorial on smiles if you can search for it.

I personally do.....................

bio clear and cure
thin white x 2
clear or s gel.

to be honest i am using more akzentz now than bio....dont get any discolouration and the white is nice and thin.....i find the bio one can get a bit thick.

AND its cheaper AND its still a soak off And its STRONGER

Amb xxxxxx

I knew you would come to my rescue !!!

awwwww hope ive helped !!

Bio is a pig for discoloring. Ive tried brisa finish gloss over the top which stopped the discolouring BUT cracked....i THINK because the bios to flexible.

U could try the ibd intense seal.....or S gel (i didnt find this any better)

Or if your thinking of switching......ring Karen at Nailsplus beauty and get yourself some options, and paint on white and paint on white natural (i LOVE THIS nice and subtle) and the opalescent top coat is GORGE !!!!

Amb x

Hi there

This is what I do, and it's great for really short nails, especially toes. I tend to place the white smile line on the nail with either my dotting tool or a cocktail stick. Just do it in small blobs and gently tease out. If it's a longish nail then I use the tool or stick to create the smile part and then fill in the rest with the brush. Don't put too much on.

I always used to put the white on first, but have tried both methods with clear first as well, and that works equally well.

Regards
Deb379

Latest posts

Back