Help with problematic nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rossatron

Reaction score
Hi I haven't been doing acrylic nail extensions very long. I am doing my friends extensionstomorrow but she has one nail that is completely curled under how do i put a nail extension onto it? Would appreciate any input please. Thankyou

Best thing to do for a hook nail is keep the natural nail short and sculpt a new shape into it. If you tip it, it will exagerate the problem!

You will need to shorten it up every few rebalances and start again, or it will continue to hook under.

Here is a link some more posts that may help you.....
http://www.thenailgeek.com/main/1368-hook-claw-shape-nails.html?highlight=HOOK+NAIL

I personaly tip a hooked nail because it suits my two clients...... their hook is quiet prominent, curling right over the fingertip, they both shut their fingers in doors when they where little, the finger tips came off completley and had to be stitched back on again..... ouch......
The only problem is after a couple of growing weeks,the tip wants to pull away from the nail and has to be re tipped frequently.............

Latest posts

Back