Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail creations

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone can help or give me some advise.
I am using ret + after i have used my white block the nails look really smooth.
The problem that im having is when i apply my solor oil then use my khola buffer i then use scrub fresh to take the excess oil off, then when i start to buff im noticing that there are a few lines on the tips it looks bumpy and i can see some of the pink coloured powder. hope this makes sence.
what am i doing wrong????

any advise at all would be appreciated thankyou.

are you using p&w

ive cheated ive used white tips.

so do use just pink powder?
if yeah what do you mean by-
i can see some of the pink coloured powder

i use pink powder, when ive finished buffing i am noticing that it looks a little bumpy even tho it is smooth after i have used my white block.
the end result just on the tips looks a pinki colour in places it only happens on a few nails.

do you use creative powder too hun

yes havnt got a clue what im doing wrong as o say its not on all the nails.
Do you think its got something to do with the buffer its looking a bit shabby now LOL.

well try a new one and see if it makes a difference but i cant see how it can be that

I would say it is to do with using Scrub Fresh to remove the excess oil. You should not do this and this is not a Creative teaching either. But I would like a little more explanation as to what you are seeing after Scrub Freshing.

Rub that oil into the product and if you need to remove any excess then wipe with a tissue before continuing to buff to a high shine with the Girlfriend or glossing buffer.

are you creative trained?

hi nailcreations, it sounds like your pulling the pink down over zone one ( the tip) on some, thats why its only on some. i guess your using white powder over your white tips? try applying your pink abit further back away from your white and smooth it rather than moving it too much over your tips? if your having problems keeping the pink off the white still, and losing your arches with all the buffing, apply some clear to get your shape back. have a good read through the tutorials, they're always helpful.

she said that she doesnt use P&W

clairelee69 said:
she said that she doesnt use P&W
oh,lol, thats why then! pink is no good over white tips, the best effect is achieved with using white powder over the white tips, you will end up with pink bits all over your tips otherwise.

Hi geeg, when i have scrub freshed to take the oil off it makes the nails look dull.
i am at college at the moments doing my V T C T and we are using ret+ we were told that after we have shaped and contour the nail plate and happy with the shape to apply cutical oil to all 10 nails and smooth out with the soft side of koala, then wipe the nails with scrub fresh then with the girl friend buff to a high shine.
Am i been taught wrong? thankyou.

In a word ... yes!
Removing SolarOil with scrub fresh completely defeats the object of using the Oil in the first place.
All you need to do is not use so much in the first place that you have to remove it. Just rub it in and let it do its job of moisturizing and plasticizing the product. To remove with Scrub Fresh will undo all the good work that the oil is doing.
Of course the product goes dull too when you use SF .. how absurd to have buff it all up again.
Take this post and show it to your teacher. x
Nail creations said:
Hi geeg, when i have scrub freshed to take the oil off it makes the nails look dull.
i am at college at the moments doing my V T C T and we are using ret+ we were told that after we have shaped and contour the nail plate and happy with the shape to apply cutical oil to all 10 nails and smooth out with the soft side of koala, then wipe the nails with scrub fresh then with the girl friend buff to a high shine.
Am i been taught wrong? thankyou.

Thankyou for that geeg, i will take it to my tutor.
I just believe in my tutor as she has said she has been in the nail business for years and i thought she knew what she was on about but obviously not.

I decided to go to college to get my vtct and then after i have finished i am going to creative to do more courses.

ps wished i had gone in the first place now.

Nail creations said:
Thankyou for that geeg, i will take it to my tutor.
I just believe in my tutor as she has said she has been in the nail business for years and i thought she knew what she was on about but obviously not.

I decided to go to college to get my vtct and then after i have finished i am going to creative to do more courses.

ps wished i had gone in the first place now.

YOur tutor may be a fab experienced nail tech ... it does not make her an expert on the use of CND products and systems. This is a little thing ... don't make it stop you believing in her. She is not a Creative Ambassador ... just a teacher ... meaning she will not know the line or how it works like we do!!:biggrin:

what powder do you use

i use pink and white out of the ret + kit.

The point of applying SolarOil for the 1200 grit side of the Koala Buffer is to take advantage of the fact that its an oil buffer. This will help some SolarOil start to penetrate the enhancment, however it will also help you get a smoother finish.

The Girlfriend however is NOT an oil buffer. SolarOil can hinder the finish somewhat of the Girlfriend because free standing SolarOil acts as a lubricant preventing the surface of the Girlfriend from coming into full contact with the enhancment.

After Oil buffing with the Koala, remove free standing SolarOil with a small amount of ScrubFresh. Once Girlfriended, apply copious amounts of SolarOil :)

HTHs

Latest posts

Back