Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Nail Geek said:
The point of applying SolarOil for the 1200 grit side of the Koala Buffer is to take advantage of the fact that its an oil buffer. This will help some SolarOil start to penetrate the enhancment, however it will also help you get a smoother finish.

The Girlfriend however is NOT an oil buffer. SolarOil can hinder the finish somewhat of the Girlfriend because free standing SolarOil acts as a lubricant preventing the surface of the Girlfriend from coming into full contact with the enhancment.

After Oil buffing with the Koala, remove free standing SolarOil with a small amount of ScrubFresh. Once Girlfriended, apply copious amounts of SolarOil :)

HTHs

Eeek !! I didn't know that, no wonder I'm going through girlfriends like nobodys business. I have been just wiping off the excess before using girlfriend.
Thanks now I've learnt something else.

Thankyou mr geek,geeg and everyone else for your comments i will give your advise a go . Thankyou.:D

The Nail Geek said:
After Oil buffing with the Koala, remove free standing SolarOil with a small amount of ScrubFresh. HTHs

Now I'm confused, do we wipe the oil off with scrubfresh or not? I normally wipe with a lint free pad.

this is what i do... i shape my nails up one by one, when i've finished shaping each nail using the 240 side of the koala i put the oil on and buff it in with the 1200 side of the koala (the oil proof side). i go through all 10 fingers and then by the time i go back to the first one to buff it up the oil is nicely settled in. i wipe any excess of each one in turn with a lint free cloth and use the black and white side of my buffer on the nail. Then (this is what Marco showed me)... with a small amount of scrubfresh on a lint free gauze pad i wipe each nail (just once) to make sure there is no oil left, and wipe the grey side of my girlfriend buffer. you can see it dry off the buffer within a few seconds. when its dry use the grey side and really buff the nail, and it comes up like glass. then do the routine on the other 9. don't forget to scrubfresh the grey side of your girlfriend to make sure there's no oil on it for the glass shine effect.

then after (this is my bit) spray with solarspeedspray because it smells lovely.

Latest posts

Back