Help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katysnails83

Reaction score
Hi everyone In need of some advice, I qualified as a CND technician (acrylics)last March and worked mobile for a while but couldn't get enough clients as alot of competition around me, so I tried salon jobs but was told didn't have enough experience, so I then rented a room in a hairdressers after being told by the owner there was lots of people wanting nail enhancements after 3 months I had only done 2 sets of nails so I left, I am now working in an office :( but want to get back into nails and do gel as well, as anybody got any tips for me cause I am in a real rut with this :(

Hi,

Is your office job full time ? If it is, why don't you save some money to do the Brisa course and then start practising.

Also, if you are working full-time, you can still be mobile part-time, that's what I do. If there is a lot of competition, you need to get the edge on them. Start advertising more and make sure you adds really stand out (PinkChicNails - aka Rachel) can help you with this.

Perhaps offer something the competition doesn't. If you want to do nails full time, think of your office job as a means to an end. You are earning money which can help you with further training in nails and provides "peace of mind" while you are trying to build up a client base. That way you wont' panic if you don't have people knocking down your door. Once you feel you have a steady client base or that you are good enough etc, you can quit your job and follow your dream.

Don't look at it as a bad thing, but just one of the stepping stones to your final destination :biggrin:

River

Thanks River thats brilliant advice thank u so much, its really helped me:)

katysnails83 said:
Hi everyone In need of some advice, I qualified as a CND technician (acrylics)last March and worked mobile for a while but couldn't get enough clients as alot of competition around me, so I tried salon jobs but was told didn't have enough experience, so I then rented a room in a hairdressers after being told by the owner there was lots of people wanting nail enhancements after 3 months I had only done 2 sets of nails so I left, I am now working in an office :( but want to get back into nails and do gel as well, as anybody got any tips for me cause I am in a real rut with this :(

whereabouts ru katy???? im in leeds...

why not try mobile until u have enough clients, my advice is do as many courses as you can and follow ur dream!

lou x

Hi Lou!! I'm in Tadcaster... near wetherby about 25 mins from Leeds!! What courses would u recommend?:lol:

hiya!

i work in an office in colton, so not too far away!!! i live in yeadon tho...

i recommend creative, they're may ultimate fave!!

xxx

My grandparents used to live in Horsforth.. its lovely around there. I love creative too i've sent for a pack will all courses on for next year so I can decide what to do etc... what are u qualified in lou?

Katy xxxx:p

im qualified in l&p at creative, bio gel and just doing a home course in mani and pedi

im joining cuticles in the new year tho so should be doing all courses up to grand masters at creative for the next 3 yrs!!!!!!! im so excited, cant wait to learn sculpting and spa manicure....let me know if your going, we could meet up there and tutor each other!!!

lou x

I was thinking about doing that too! have u got all the info from cuticles? I got it all but couldnt decide whether to do it or not?! Be really good to have someone to pep me up and vice versa! I am only qualified in l & p with CND

Katy x

me too!

i havent got the info pack yet, but my boyf is an accountant, so when i get it hes gonna have a look through. he thinks its a fab idea though so def gonna do it in january! i work in an office doing accounts but its a nightmare to get to, so ive applyed for one in leeds (just a train ride away) and its for loads more money(so i can fund cuticles), so gonna do this and get my business set up and eventually go full time with that. im making a room at our house into a salon but might rent a room to start with to build up clients and work that on a saturday for extra cash!

it'd be great if you did it too! we could definitely help each other and it'd be a real motivation!

let me know of you do it and then when we both get the stuff we could meet up and have a chat! it'd be great to watch somebody else do nails too and we could teach each other tips and tricks!!

That would be brilliant!! I hope u get sorted with this other job if its more money!! I work in an office in Harrogate at moment its good but not good pay and ultimately not want I want to do but same as you I want to do nails full time and have to fund it!! A friend of mine has a room at her house and its brilliant she lives near York and she has got loads of clients she's been doing it since she was 12 though she 20 now so she brilliant at nails... so jealous!! Be really gr8 to meet up and swap ideas etc...who knows we could have a cuticles salon together (can but dream!!) haha :biggrin:

haha! that would be ace! id love to have a salon! its really nice that other ppl are as obsessed with nails as i am!

we should set up a geek meet cos theres loads of us in this area now! we should meet up like between xmas and new year for some drinkies in town!!

lou x

Latest posts

Back