Hi all, I'm new to this site, need some advice on which tanning company to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dete101

Reaction score
HI, I'm new to this site, and thought you girlies (and guys) might be able to help me out with little problem. I currently rent a large room above a hairdressers, and offer dermalogica, nailtiques, and at the moment just the st tropez classic tan. I've just bought from a friend of mine, a st tropez airtan compressor and gun, and I'm just wondering.... do I have to use st tropez bronzing mist in it??? I've been on to st tropez about opening an account and the lady I need to speak to is currently on her honeymoon, which in a way is giving me time to think about this! Just because I have the compressor and gun can I open an account with another company? If so is there any you can advise me with? St tropez is really expensive... before I can even start the mist, moisturizer and exfoliator is going to cost me another £100!

also as I'm doing it in my room, which is big and have a huge window, I was going to buy a pop up tent, but found a post on here about them, and they seem quite awkward! Does anyone have any recommendations, or other advice? I was thinking about buying a shower curtain and maybe putting some hooks up on the wall, when i do a tan just hook the shower curtain up and get the client to stand up against it? would that work? I'm really open to advice and opinions here so would really appreciate anyones' views. Many thanks :green:

Hi hun and welcome to the mad house:green:
I would get the pop up tent, yes its a bit of a hassle until you get the hang of it but Collin from tantrick has a thread going offering free help for all the tanning geeks so that would be the perfect place to practice putting it up and down until its easy:lol: This offer is open to everyone not just tantricks users.
Which company to go with is the hard one, Loads of geeks use tantricks and Vani-T is also a good one but equally if you use the search bar you will find loads of info on all the good ones and why different geeks like the ones they use.
Then what I would do is contact the company's on your short list and ask for samples, then try them to see which you like.
Good luck hun:hug:

I use Solglo and its fantastic! Everyone i have done has come back for more!! The pop up tent doesn't take too long to master either. And I love doing it!!

HI, I'm new to this site, and thought you girlies (and guys) might be able to help me out with little problem. I currently rent a large room above a hairdressers, and offer dermalogica, nailtiques, and at the moment just the st tropez classic tan. I've just bought from a friend of mine, a st tropez airtan compressor and gun, and I'm just wondering.... do I have to use st tropez bronzing mist in it??? I've been on to st tropez about opening an account and the lady I need to speak to is currently on her honeymoon, which in a way is giving me time to think about this! Just because I have the compressor and gun can I open an account with another company? If so is there any you can advise me with? St tropez is really expensive... before I can even start the mist, moisturizer and exfoliator is going to cost me another £100!

also as I'm doing it in my room, which is big and have a huge window, I was going to buy a pop up tent, but found a post on here about them, and they seem quite awkward! Does anyone have any recommendations, or other advice? I was thinking about buying a shower curtain and maybe putting some hooks up on the wall, when i do a tan just hook the shower curtain up and get the client to stand up against it? would that work? I'm really open to advice and opinions here so would really appreciate anyones' views. Many thanks :green:
Hi and welcome to the fab world of Salon Geek....

Now you can use different liquids in different systems..no matter what certain brands may say...you may/will need to probably adjust your gun and technique etc(call the brand of your choice and see how much training would be )

You really should get a tent as well as some means of extraction for the added comfort and safety of both you and your customer.

If you want some direct help you can call me up anytime you wish during the week or any of our trainers and we will happily give you some help..don't worry we wont try and sell you into Tantrick but will just give you some help and some indicators :hug:

Latest posts

Back