High-lift 12/89 30% 20%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxlouiseshanexx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've got a client who is coming to me who is naturally at base 6/7, she has been going to a stylists who been over processing the ends, so she has lovely natural roots but quite lifted damaged ends.
I was going to use 12/89 wella with 12% on the roots.
My problem is I'm unsure whether to use 6% or 9% on the ends? I was wondering if anyone can advise me what's the best to use.
Thank you for reading :)
Louise

I wouldn't no. What do you want to achieve on the ends? And what level/shade are they now?

Spray the hair with water and comb colour through for last 10 mins just to tone.

Oh sorry forgot to say, the ends look as if they has been bleach on them as its very blonde, and just wanted to achieve even colour x

And great thank you for the advise x

If the ends are damaged and porous the tone from high lift might be too much and grab. even if it's damped down, can you not get her onto a base 10 instead? Better condition.

If the hair is bleached and porous, be careful with the 12/89 on the mid lengths and ends. They could go too dark and ashy.

If in doubt, I would use a Color fresh or color touch to tone the ends.

If not, make sure that you water the remaining tint down first with warm water before you refresh the faded mid lengths and ends.

:biggrin:

Hi,

If you want to use peroxide I would use 3% for toning on L and E, but if client was mine I would probably use a quasi colour on bleached area to much up to roots, it will give shine and no lift. x

Thank you so much, really great advise. Really appreciate it.
Don't know what I would do with out salon geek.

I will let you no how it goes, thank you again :)

Louise x

I'd wait till iu see result from lifting roots 1st. then u may need to use say 1/2 10/0 and 1/2 9/16, in CT, lovely result with it x

Great thank you x x

I hope I'm doing this right lol :/ I've been looking at the site but have only registerd today :)

I have the same sort of problem with one of my clients, she is a friend of the family's and her hairdresser has been using a highlift tint but i think she has been putting though to the ends each time as its pretty overprocessed. she has foils full head, what would be the thing to do? She's a base 6 naturally and I think I would need to use 12% to lift but as the ends are quite faded I don't want to over process the ends again. so how can I counter act this with highlights. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Becky

I hope I'm doing this right lol :/ I've been looking at the site but have only registerd today :)

I have the same sort of problem with one of my clients, she is a friend of the family's and her hairdresser has been using a highlift tint but i think she has been putting though to the ends each time as its pretty overprocessed. she has foils full head, what would be the thing to do? She's a base 6 naturally and I think I would need to use 12% to lift but as the ends are quite faded I don't want to over process the ends again. so how can I counter act this with highlights. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Becky

just foil as normal but only do the root, flick the other hair hair, simple :)

Hi guys it turned out really well thank you xx

always use Welloxen Pastel for toning, in the ratio of 1:2, so 1 part tint, 2 parts pastel! hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back