highlift tint giving off warm/orange tones on roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanna

Reaction score
please could i have any advice on highlift tint. Had a client who always previously had a t section weaved , 3 colour mix , of 12/0 , 6/0 and bleach but when my client became pregnant the highlift would not take. so we just used 6/0 n bleach.she has since given birth and wanted to be able to go slightly darker in order to go longer between app being a new mum so we went 2 foils x 6/0 to 1 x bleach. she didnt like this as looked streaky n too much of a contrast. so today have put some 12/0 highlift through to break it up and it has gone really golden/orange on root area....??? have tone using a 8/81 which has not helped , so weaved some more bleach foils thro to knock out the orange/warm but it has not done it....please any advice would be greatlly appreciated. what do i do now...?:Scared:

Last edited:
please could i have any advice on highlift tint. Had a client who always previously had a t section weaved , 3 colour mix , of 12/0 , 6/0 and bleach but when my client became pregnant the highlift would not take. so we just used 6/0 n bleach.she has since given birth and wanted to be able to go slightly darker in order to go longer between app being a new mum so we went 2 foils x 6/0 to 1 x bleach. she didnt like this as looked streaky n too much of a contrast. so today have put some 12/0 highlift through to break it up and it has gone really golden/orange on root area....??? have tone using a 8/81 which has not helped , so weaved some more bleach foils thro to knock out the orange/warm but it has not done it....please any advice would be greatlly appreciated. what do i do now...?:Scared:

Im only L2 so i dont want to give advice on something i havent yet covered but i Didnt want to read and run - i would have thought the 8/81 would have helped...:| hopefully one of the ladies who is more experienced in colour correction will be along soon and be able to help you. Hope you get a solution! xx

Just going back into hairdressing so I think it is possible that the tint been used 12 series has not lifted the tint previously used. So it has not lifted properly giving off orange tones. Due to the colour not lifting High enough the toner has not been able to work. Anyone can feel free to correct me, has I'm continuously learning!

I agree with the above poster, it sounds like weaved out the 6.0 and of course highlift tint isn't capable of lifting throught tint like bleach. X

hmmmm but saying that, if it is just to root area I doubt that could be the problem.
What's her natural base?
What % are you using?
Is she breastfeeding? X

shes a natural base of a six, i used 9 % . no shes not breas feeding now. i have booked her in again for monday but would love some suggestions on what to do next?? do i go in with more bleach or try maybe 10/?? on warm ones ...x

and 12% with the highlift

If she's naturally a base 6, I would have used 12% with my highlift instead of 9% and put a squidge of 12/1 in with the 12/0. X

Has Lauren said use 12% either 12/1 or 12/89. But this will only lift the root area not previously tinted hair.

I always find that lifting a base 6 or 7 even with the high lifts can sometimes leave the golden undertones.
As mentioned above, I would use some ash or pearl to help counteract the gold ect.

For a base 6 or 7, I would use the 12/11 ash, or 12/81 and 12/89 to help knock out some of the copper.

But even using these can sometimes still leave some gold undertones.

Also when high lifting with tint try and steer clear from the special mix, as adding too much ash or pearl ash can turn the hair too dark.

I find that base level 8 is the best for using high lift, but then I will still use or add a bit of ash to the mix.

Good luck. :biggrin:xx

"Sorry I forgot to mention".

From the info I gave you above, I am assuming you are using Wella Koleston on your clients hair.

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back