Highlighted to nice caramel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hi there I have recently left my salon and dont want to pay someone else to do my hair I have been having highlights but my roots are now coming through I'm between a 5-6 naturally so wondered what to put all over for a nice caramel colour, I prefer to use well or loreal thanks :)

If you have been having highlights then id say you need to get your roots done by a hairdresser not attempt it your self as they are extremly tricky to do on your own hair. can you not ask your old stylist what colour she used then if you go somewere else tell them? x

Hi Hun I am a hairdresser just that I've only qualified a few months ago and am not in my salon now as I've moved down south, It's just a highlift and bleach highlights I've been having, I was gona stick 10.13 loreal on with 9.01 toner just wanted to know if anyone had other suggestions :)

Just thought I'd add that I just want a nice caramelly all over colour :)

Your roots will glow more than your high lights depending how light they are you could end up having banding in your colour, if your a 5 base a 10.13 won't lift more than 3 levels in majirel. So you really would be best off to get someone to do it for you.

My highlights are about an 8 now the roots are just in slightly I just want to have sort of an all over light caramel so I can do it myself I know it's terrible but I grudge paying out for my hair especially when I'm not working at the mo lol I know the highlights will probably show through the first time I do it but couldn't I just tone them down afterwards?? :)

Are you highlights colour?

Some of them were 901 highlift loreal and some bleached then toned to an 8 the bleach ones were with 9% most of my hair has now been highlighted not much natural colour left

Some of them were 901 highlift loreal and some bleached then toned to an 8 the bleach ones were with 9% most of my hair has now been highlighted not much natural colour left

9% :s maybe you can get a friend to help you then if your not working, why not go to like an 8.13?

Would that come out sort of beigey?? Now don't laugh but my hubby is not too bad at helping out he's helped me a few times when I've done it myself lol I have to say for a squaddie he does fab! :)

Would that come out sort of beigey?? Now don't laugh but my hubby is not too bad at helping out he's helped me a few times when I've done it myself lol I have to say for a squaddie he does fab! :)

Well If you do 8.13 on your roots and 7.13 on the highlights it should all the be one even colour he should do fine :)

Thank you :) I don't know how you sleep your like the guru on here lol everywhere I look bluerinse is there with advice :) thank you

Thank you :) I don't know how you sleep your like the guru on here lol everywhere I look bluerinse is there with advice :) thank you

Thank you :) I try and help as much as I can where I can but without seeing things I can't always advise exactly but what I've said should work for you, just check the shade chart before to see if touching the colours, show us how yu get on x

Thank you :) I try and help as much as I can where I can but without seeing things I can't always advise exactly but what I've said should work for you, just check the shade chart before to see if touching the colours, show us how yu get on x

Will do thank you :)

Latest posts

Back