Highlights gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmajd

Reaction score
Hi All...
I had my hair coloured by a mobile hairdresser who has done my hair once before and the colour was great.. However I had it redone a few days ago and it went wrong. The colour I wanted was white blonde with a little darker blonde put through to break it up. So bleach and a number 7 Majirel was used. My natural base is a 6..
The hairdresser put the foils in and left me to wash out half an hour later as she had another appointment to go to.. :mad:(dont get me started on that) anyway colour comes out yellow not white and I call her and she comes back the following day to put more bleach in, Again she leaves and tells me to rinse after 30 mins. I said if it doesn't look white enough should I leave it in longer and she says no as I may damage my hair. After washing my hair it is still not white but now Yellow/Ginger! I am not a hairdresser myself I do Beauty but am I wrong in thinking it was the darker colour that was incorrect as a 6 should have been used and that the bleach should have been left on longer? I am now left with purple ish hair as I used a toner to correct it. The hairdresser isn,t offering any correction and to be honest I think I will go elsewhere in future..
Any advice appreciated..
x

That's shocking. :eek: I hope you didn't pay her?

She should NEVER have left you with chemicals on your hair and told you to wash it out yourself. That's very unprofessional and would probably void her insurance cover, assuming she has some...

If the toner has gone very purple, it could be that your hair is damaged and porous (over bleaching?) The purple should fade with washing as it's a toner so your hair might not look too bad at that point.

In the meantime, start looking for a new hairdresser. Find someone experienced and preferably level 3 qualified as advanced colouring is covered at this level.

Latest posts

Back