Hive - paraffin spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this or currently using the spray on method of paraffin wax? It sounded like an odd concept at first. Im looking to buy a paraffin heater at excel. just weighing up my options.

Heres a link to the spray cartridges for those not familiar with them. http://www.hive-online.com/v3/product.asp?id=1102 xx

ahh thanks. I must of missed these x

I remember going to pro beauty a couple of years ago and everyone was buying this kit from Hive

I think it could be quite messy

I would use the spray on method for facials. It gives fab results x

ooooh! never heared of it......... might find out a bit more! thanks

You apply a gauze face mask and then spray the parrafin wax. Excellent results x

I've used it and found it be easy and great to use.

The wax was sprayed on the hands and simply replaced the cartridge in the heater.

Clients loved it as I could offer them different flavours of parafin wax at any one time, or adapted them to suit the clients skin at the time.

No messy brushes to clean - great !! :)

i've used it and didn't like it.

the spray can be uneven and goes everywhere. granted, the first time i used it was at an indulgence evening when i was only told when i got there that i was doing it and it took ages to heat up!

BUT...it doesn't give an even coating or peel off as easily and when you dip in the bath. Yes it's more hygenic but not fun to use - I prefer to sanitise the hands and use the bath

hth xx

We had it in our salon, and it sucked!!!! It was messy, and when you spray it, it dries quickly so it just turns flakey, it was a pain in the butt.

We had it in our salon, and it sucked!!!! It was messy, and when you spray it, it dries quickly so it just turns flakey, it was a pain in the butt.

I also found it horrible!
I didn't have a single client who preferred it. I'm sure it has it's place, but not in my salon!
I simply just put a measured amount of parrafin into a plastic bag, and slowly slip their hand or foot into it. Wrap it up with a bootie or towel, and presto.

Guess it has its pros and cons then. I could see it being better for facial application. possibly hands? I dont have the need for both the spray and the paraffin bath. Think i'll go with the bath x

Latest posts

Back