Home hair colour removers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suse82

Reaction score
I have a client booked in tomorrow morning she's a new client so I skin tested her couple of weeks ago and at the same time I took a strand test as she said she had a few different colours on it and wanted to be blonde. So anyway I did the strand test which didn't lift great she has a lot of build up on it. She had just messaged me to say she is in the process of "stripping her hair" with a product she bought from a home bargain store!!! I'm kinda in disbelief!

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Awww your gonna have to do another strand test now! :mad: People are just so dumb! Honestly after my little accident with lifting after home colouring last week I would not touch it untill you've re tested it, also I see a lot on fb groups where people's hair continues to darken after using colour removers, proceed with caution lol

What happened last week? So annoying isn't it?!

I'll try and find the thread I posted it on (long story!) but I turned her hair neon pink/orange :/

I'm scared now!! [emoji15]

I'll have to cancel her and test again! Arghhh!

I've never come accross anything like that before lol, defo b safe than sorry! I've had to throw away my new peaches coloured shoes because I can't look at them any more! I genuinely don't think I'll ever touch a xxl again, It never bothered me before and I always wondered why people were so reluctant to work with them :confused: Not any more!

When reading through your post I kept thinking of the fruit salad sweeties!! I think I would've cried!

I diddnt get to crying point but I was really peed off at her :mad: And she knew it, good old toner saved the day after, I said to her as she left.. Now next time... And she said no I'm coming here from now on :D .... I was like :oops:Oh...

Pmsl I defo won't be overlapping next time I know!

I used to do this. In fact I had a situation where I ended up emailing the company. I won't go into details but I found out that the solution only shrinks the colour particles. If you don't was them out correctly (I used the buffer step more then enough times) your hair will look lighter at first and over a course of time (It took me a month) the hair will go dark again. Even darker then what you had before (this happened to me). They refused to give me any information about why the colour expands so much but I was originally a level 5. Got down to a level 8 and then ended up with a level 3. But that might be some helpful information to inform your client about how unreliable these are.

I'll try and find the thread I posted it on (long story!) but I turned her hair neon pink/orange :/

That was me 2.5 weeks ago. :D though it was not an accident. Stylist failed to confirm her and my idea of dusty pink roots and pastel ends where the same....

One of the other girls at salon I work in doesn't strip her clients hair if the want a change. She has them do it themselves at home!!!
No. Just no.

One of the other girls at salon I work in doesn't strip her clients hair if the want a change. She has them do it themselves at home!!!
No. Just no.
[emoji33] wow!! That's so bad!

Yip. True story!!

Latest posts

Back