Hormonal hissy fits!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffy26

Reaction score
Hi guys Feeling a bit poo! Apart from the fact that I am now 6 months preganant and VERY VERY hormonal I feel a little upset and here's why..... I was shopping today and saw a client of mine that I haven't seen for months and said hello and we had a bit of an akward chat. I havent done her nails for a while but noticed she WAS wearing enhancements, she looked a bit sheepish and tried to hide her hands but any technician knows you turn into hawk eyes!! I know people are free to go wherever they like for their nails but it always makes me feel so inadequate, like I have done something wrong. I am good at what I do (At least I think so) but when this happens it really knocks my confidence. Has this happened to anyone else and how does it make you feel? x

I have had htis happen to me as well and it probably has nothing to do with your work, it is probably more than likely the price or something.

I have known clients in the past to go elsewhere to save a couple of £1's, even when it means the nails they have now are sub standard compared to what i done for them.

I don't think it is anything personal, (but we do tend to take it that way, i know i have) but they like to go to others to see if the grass is greener. Try not to let it get you down, it is best to be cheerful and happy and be polite and don't let it get to you.

Chin up hun, i'm sure your nails are fab!

I agree. it probably had nothing to do with how you do your nails but the price. You don't want clients that are so disloyal. She'll come back when she realises what a good thing she had.

Cheer up and hug your bump.

Thanks guys feel so much better!! x :) I'm glad your all here!

Well I have had clients say they haven't gone back to places because they have left it so long, or maybe tried elsewhere, and feel awkward about going back!!! I've even done mailshots welcoming lapsed clients back with an offer to entice them back, and they have said the same to me! So if this happens another time just say it's lovely to see them again and they are always very welcome to the salon if they would like you to do their nails again, or just to pop in and say hi!

Hi,

Yes, I think this has happend to everybody. In the beginning I also felt very unakward when this happend, now, I don't care. I have my clients and I have had the most of them for years. Some even come back to me when they have tried another tech and not been satisfied... Hee hee... :)

There may be some other reasons why they left you, than your nails. Maybe they found somebody closer to their home/work or with better opening-hours or maybe because they found a cheaper one. I had a client who admitted she couldn't afford me so she would try another, cheaper one, and that's fair enough! (She came back later... :-D)

C.

Latest posts

Back