Hot waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s111104

Reaction score
:rolleyes:Hi all a bit new to this so hope im doing it right when i qualified in my HND we were only taught using warm wax to cover all aspects of the body. However since my course i have been informed it is not really appropriate to use it on the bikini line especially in the more delicate areas. with this is mind i am wondering what is the main diffrences between warm and hot wax as i believed that when using hot wax you dont need strips? also was wondering if you would have to buy a diffrent pot to heat hot wax or if the one i use for my warm wax would be adequate? I plan to try it on myself firstly so am looking for some advice and tips on how best to use it. thanks look forward to youre comments.

SAM xxxxxxxxxxxx

I use warm wax to do hollywood and brazilians and never had any problems, although I am now also looking at hot wax systems so I can try both and see whats the best.

I only did about half hours training with hot wax at college, but the diffences are that hot wax sticks only to the hair, where warm wax sticks to the skin, thus meaning hot wax is a lot less painful for your client. And as you stated you dont use strips with hot wax.

Hot wax now is used at the same temp as warm wax from what I beleive. so I presume your normal heater will be fine.

They are also tons easier to use than the old method, which I also believe was an art in itself!

Theres a few peeps on here that swear by it, such as the wax queen and collin. Maybe contact them and ask them I'm sure they will be able to advise better than me!

Kate x

Perron Rigot Hard Wax is the best in my world!!!! It's fab for all the delicate areas especially bikini's. Just apply a thin layer of oil spready the wax on wait a moment to set and peel it off!

Voila.... super easy.

If it wasn't so darn expensive i'd use it everywhere!

I've tried most brands and i can hand on heart swear it is the best you'll find!

I also, only use strip wax to wax every area of the body (at work anyway). I've never had any problems. As long as you have great technique, type of wax shoudn't matter.

Hey everyone thanks for the advice just bought some brazillian hot film wax so hopefully ill get on fine thanks again.:):):)

sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey everyone thanks for the advice just bought some brazillian hot film wax so hopefully ill get on fine thanks again.:):):)

sam xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What kind did you get? GiGi???

Just to let you guys know as well there is another hot wax that is going to be hitting our shores very soon called Berins Wax. It is very good at clinging to those short fine hairs and we also have a wax that sets almost immeadiately as well in the hard wax range (non strip) called jet set which is going to be ideal for the warmer weather and there is nothing else out there that comes anywhere close.

I also know there are a few US and Canadian geeks out there that use Berins so would be great to hear there views as well but as wax goes and ive used some good and bad this stuff is superdedooper!!!

I've tried almost all of the hard/hot/non strip waxes and for me, nothing compares with Perron Rigot. If it did............I'd use it. Simple as that.

It's been around for many many years and there are/have been several cheap imitations that have come and gone. You can order sample sizes from Thalgo if you want to give it a try. I'd suggest Euroblonde for Brazilians and sensitive areas. xxx

I have never been a fan of hard waxes.... but I have had the opportunity to use Berins, and absolutely LOVE it!!! When my own salon opens up, I will be using it.

Latest posts

Back