Hourly rate for a Level 3 beauty therapist in Birmingham

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cazza2005

Reaction score
Hi there

I am currently working in a beauty salon in Birmingham and have been there one year. I am due for a review in April. I am wondering what I should be paid, as I am currently on minimum wage of £7.20 per hour and I have been informed this is rising to £7.50 per hour in April. I have been qualified 6 yrs now and my employer said she is willing to pay me £8 per hour, I feel this is a lot less than I expected. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi there

I am currently working in a beauty salon in Birmingham and have been there one year. I am due for a review in April. I am wondering what I should be paid, as I am currently on minimum wage of £7.20 per hour and I have been informed this is rising to £7.50 per hour in April. I have been qualified 6 yrs now and my employer said she is willing to pay me £8 per hour, I feel this is a lot less than I expected. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

It absolutely guts me to say this but minimum wage or a little more than that is the going rate in loads of places. It makes me so sad/angry/frustrated. You could shop around for a better paid job but they tend to be a bit thin on the ground when it comes to employed roles in this industry in my experience across several employers and colleagues.

Latest posts

Back