How annoying are no shows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hiya, i am so annoyed! On wednesday i was meant to have had 2 clients in the afternoon in the salon where i have just started renting. One of them called up and asked the girls if she could change it to thurday afternooon. I had arranged a mobile trip for my mother in laws sister who stays a couple of doors along from me that day, but i just had to cancel her as i knew building up my cliens in the salon was more important. So that was arranged! I still had one other client so i sat and waited and nothing, she didnt turn up. So i trekked all the way with my case for nout! So on thursday i gets everything ready and went over to work again half an hour early and got everything set up and waited for my client for nearly an hour, and she didnt turn up either. Uggh, how annoying! So i actually gained nothing for two days and i even cancelled my mother in laws sister! I think people who does this just think nothing of it and we wont be bothered at all. Does this happen to you guys?

Yes, it's very annoying , and I think it happens all over !

A good tip I picked up on this site was to call or text my clients the day before their appointment to confirm if it's still OK. That way you remind them of their appointment (sometimes they honestly forget) and also give them a chance to get out of the appointment if they so wish.

Touch wood, so far I've been lucky and none of my clients have cancelled on me yet using the above.

River

Hi hon,

I can totally sympathize i had a no show a couple of weeks ago, & like you had set up & prepared myself,the time for the appointment came & went & no show. However i did get a phone call apologizing but due to family problems client could not make it.

It is so annoying isn't it! But hey they may have had a genuine reason, have you got their contact details maybe give them a call &ask them did they forget?

Good luck hon & chin up not all clients are like this!!!

Know how you feel hun! I have just got back home now after going to the salon for a client at 9.45, she does turn up but is adament that she wants gel nails....I not trained in gel, so she's now booked somewhere else! Apparently when she booked in she wanted acrylics! Back in at 11.45 (a friend of hers I think)....so I hope and pray that she is ok with acrylic!!!

zoeCU said:
Hiya, i am so annoyed! On wednesday i was meant to have had 2 clients in the afternoon in the salon where i have just started renting. One of them called up and asked the girls if she could change it to thurday afternooon. I had arranged a mobile trip for my mother in laws sister who stays a couple of doors along from me that day, but i just had to cancel her as i knew building up my cliens in the salon was more important. So that was arranged! I still had one other client so i sat and waited and nothing, she didnt turn up. So i trekked all the way with my case for nout! So on thursday i gets everything ready and went over to work again half an hour early and got everything set up and waited for my client for nearly an hour, and she didnt turn up either. Uggh, how annoying! So i actually gained nothing for two days and i even cancelled my mother in laws sister! I think people who does this just think nothing of it and we wont be bothered at all. Does this happen to you guys?

Thankfully not often - but it is incredibly annoying when it does. I always ask clients if they can't make an appointment for any reason, or change their mind then please call and let me know. I often say that I have booked out an hour and a half so that they know that they are taking up my time and gives an importance as to why I need to be kept informed. Most peeps do call and tell me.

This is the first time it has happened and i do hope it doesnt happen a lot. I am not very busy anyway but it is still a waste of my time especially when i am chaning days to suit a client.

sat here today thinking hmmm got a new client at 2pm booked for extensions and a pedicure.....few quid that is..better confrirm ...NOPE GOING TO NEED TO CANCEL FAMILY CRISIS

BLINKING HELL

WHAT IS IT WITH NEW CUSTOMERS? I am working tomorrow because this looser took up space today in my diary....then cancelled

ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH makes me want to BAN new customers.

AMb x

Has a no-show this morning. She's forgotten in th past, so I've sent a text to tell her she's missed an appointment, but not hear a thing. She's seven months pregnant so hoping all is okay.

Latest posts

Back