How are you all really finding semi-permanent mascara!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think it was worthwhile training in SPM & were you happy with the training?

• Yes I think it is worthwhile and I was happy with the training.

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • Yes Yes I think it is worthwhile but I was not happy with the training.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Yes I think it is worthwhile but wish I had trained with another company

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • No I wish I hadn't done the training

Votes: 37 41.6%

• Total voters
I was dying to do a SPM course but decided to sick back and wait a while and I'm kind of glad I did, it hasn't took off like i thought it would, maybe it will take a bit of time, but for now I'm investing my money into my skin care and make-up supplies for my courses i will be doing over the next 9 months.

HTH

Wish I never did myscara training wasn't all that in all fairness it hasn't kicked off well fliers aren't liking the feel
Of it after a week

Clients *

Last edited by a moderator:
The salons around here are not even offering it anymore. No one is excited by the service. Waste of time pushing it as disappointment is high.

Want my money back feel robbed :-(

The salons around here are not even offering it anymore. No one is excited by the service. Waste of time pushing it as disappointment is high.
Hi Geeg, one of our biggest export countries is Spain so I know alot of salons DO offer it. xx

Wish I never did myscara training wasn't all that in all fairness it hasn't kicked off well fliers aren't liking the feel
Of it after a week

Clients *
If clients dont like the feel of it you should contact your tutor. Perhaps its being applied to close to the root or too thickly causing it to be uncomfortable or annoying. Or contact MYscara directly and we will try and work out what the problem is xx

WOW WOW WOW!`
What a long debatable thread!
I offer Myscara introductory offer was £25 I now charge £30 and I have to say its done all I wanted from it and clients are happy I looked at Crybaby and Myscara as they seemed similar... I prefered the pre blended product and Crybaby sd they train at Ellisons on asking Ellisons they had never heard of them at the time training at the site!!!
Myscara imho is great for holidays swimming busy quick ppl. Most clients have it for special occasions.
Around my area the eyelash extensions are not that popular.
I have played with the product and tried different applications etc i have my own technique way to apply that i find is A* for application and feel 100% confident with the product and enjoy doing the treatment.
It takes me 45 minutes xxxx

May I ask if any one has a picture they can post please I'm interested to see the result of these products xx

Thankyou I was dying 2 c wot it looked like thanks they look rly good

Thank you everyone for taking the time to post your opinions. I was ready to jump to train in spm a couple of months ago but was just too busy and boy am I now glad I was.

Although I'd love to give it a go I just don't think its worth the risk for me at the moment, as a poster said previously maybe over the coming months the product may improve but for me now, I put my money into my advanced eyelash course as I feel that would be much more beneficial for me at this moment in time.

H xx

Sorry to bring post up again....But just wondering anyone tried SPM with a lash lift?? I bet that looks good??
I am doing iappeal training next week, and i thought if i used SPM with this, it would help dramatically?

Anyone do this?

Hi, I have been trained in crybaby, since July, love applying it, and results are great! Haven't had any bad feed back, last for a good 3 weeks, clients say easy and very comfortable to wear!!! Some clients ask for it to be applied, quite thick like they would with layers if mascara, others have a natural coating applied . The beauty of crybaby, is that you custom mix it for each clients preference!!

Hi, I have been trained in crybaby, since July, love applying it, and results are great! Haven't had any bad feed back, last for a good 3 weeks, clients say easy and very comfortable to wear!!! Some clients ask for it to be applied, quite thick like they would with layers if mascara, others have a natural coating applied . The beauty of crybaby, is that you custom mix it for each clients preference!!

I went and had crybaby done (I do myscara) to see the difference and honestly I couldn't notice a huge difference. It set better in a curl but it was still really uncomfortable, clumped together after a few days and broke down after a week. I personally amn't a fan of any semi permenant mascara.

Guys I'm sorry to say I'm still not a fan. I trained with crybaby and personally find it really awkward to use...and i don't like the results, so much so that I have stopped promoting it altogether. A waste of alot of money if I'm honest :(

Agree merelle :-(

I think with all beauty products it is how it is applied, sometimes it's let's a system down because how it is applied, crybaby that I have done has been approved by all clients so far, no negative comments. Its a shame that some have not applied it so well, but that in beauty and hair and lots of industries happen!!!! And as stated before it's not for everyone!

I have trained with Cry Baby and it really is down to the technique it is applied and mixed to the right consistency for each individual client, i.e if a client has very sparse lashes it is mixed thinner as a thicker coating would look clumpy, you can only work with what you have. If a client wants thicker lashes and they have sparse ones I offer them the xpress lashes, as they wouldn't get the result they wanted from a spm. I also use the abx i-appeal lash lift and shape which gives fantastic lifted results, and are very reasonably priced, if you already have a perming qual you can buy their kit directly or they also offer training which includes kit and marketing stuff. ABX Beauty Products

If I do i-appeal before spm (24 hrs b4) i don't need to use the curler (which does work if used correctly) cry baby then locks this curl into place, the i-appeal straightens wayward lashes, which means spm will look much better and more lifted. imho x

Latest posts

Back