How do you do it????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honey5

Reaction score
Morning all, How do you get clients every day??? I started my buisness in Januray I know not a great month I have a few that use me and am happy to say all that have to come back but am stuck cant seem to get any more. Havnt done any treatment this week yet got one 2morow . What and how did y get more in ??

I have done all the usual leaflet drop, went to local hairdressers, factory shops.

This is my dream ive spent to much to give up but IM feeling such a failure

thanks sorry for the rant

Carolinexx

Last edited:
Keep your chin up it will happen! Very few business' are an overnight success but there is so much you can do to start seeing a huge difference in client retention.

Keep doing your leaflet drops ~ it can take up to five points of contact with someone before they choose your business.

I offer marketing advice for salons and mobile therapists and I find they fall into two catergories, those that try once and it fails so they do not do it again and those that hardly try at all.

Even the busiest salon has to keep advertising. (and this dosn't need to cost you anything). If a busy salon stopped advertising they too would have no clients after a while. As they say Coca Cola is one of the most popular soft drinks in the world yet they still spend millions each year on advertising.

Kate

Other than word of mouth I have 2 main areas where my new business comes from.

1. My website

2. School Fayres

I would firstly get on the phone and contact ALL your local primary schools and book any summer fayres that are available. Nail painting with nail art for the kiddies is very popular. I charge £2 per child and usually spend about 10 minutes each. Absolutely essential is lots of literature to hand out to the mums who usually hang around waiting for their childs turn. I always run a free prize draw too where the mums fill in a card with their details and I pick a few out to win treatments.

While you're waiting for these fayres to come around you can then get on with the task of creating a website and then get it listed on all the free business listing sites. I was amazed at how many people search for local businesses.

Good luck

thanks for that I just feel like a failure. I do have website www.simply-b-beautiful.com feedback would be great ta. ooch i dont know just feel like ive spent so much money i cant and dont want to give up. my friend does calgel nails and is quite busy should i train in them??? or stick with what ive got and try get good at them

thanks againxx

I set up in January too!

Although I have a home salon and open evenings only at present.

I am busy 5 nights out of 7.

The best advertaising success has been leaflets drops. I got 9 clients from just 200 leaflets which took me about 2.5 hours in total.

I am just about to take on advertsing with yell.com too so will see how that goes.

Bearing in mind you only started in January dont fret too much. It's what you do when you dont have clients that will make a difference now.

Im at a stage where i would like to leaflet drop more but I am litteraly working every evening so have no time! I keep trying to coller a local paper boy to do it for me!

Good luck x

thanks for that I just feel like a failure. I do have website www.simply-b-beautiful.com feedback would be great ta. ooch i dont know just feel like ive spent so much money i cant and dont want to give up. my friend does calgel nails and is quite busy should i train in them??? or stick with what ive got and try get good at them

thanks againxx

Hi ya,
Just been nosing on your website and if you dont mind im gonna list a couple of things you might want to re-visit
1) Your home phone. I rang it to chat to you and it went to ansphone. Not a bad thing but it was just the BT recorded message. I would suggest you personalise it with business name, say your busy with client etc and will call them right back.
2) Massage page: it says whatthe benefits of massage are but not YOUR massage is. Is it aromatherepy, sweadish, sports? back, body?
2) Manicure page: it talks about bridal manis only. what about regular mani's what is included ie shape, cuticle work, mask, parafin wax, scrub etc
3) Facial page: again, shows me the benefis but not what you actually do, what products do you use etc?
4) Kids page: im assuming these are parties? how many kids can you do, min/max ? Do you do party bags? How long do parties last? what age are they suitable for?
5) prices page: only coupld of things, one the spray tan, again what do you use? two: Acrylic nails, £12 infills is SOOOO cheap it's silly! What product do you use? Alos no massage prices, kids prices, make up etc

I really hope it isnt info overload for you!!! I am in the same boat as you and am constantly looking at my website, leaflets etc and trying to improve them. Hope it helps
xx

Networking is key!
Google "ladies business networking" in your area and see what it throws up. Get yourself along to as many groups as is feasible and watch your business grow. Leaflet drops are important, but face to face contact is equally important. Go out there and tell people why they should come to you over anyone else.

It does take time 5 months is not very long hun. Ive been doing it about 10months now and things are slowly picking up for me.

Get yourself listed on as many free sites you can to get your name out there almost all my clients find me via the internet.

Checkout this thread it has some really great ideas. http://www.salongeek.com/biz-geek/83160-more-ways-promote-your-business.html

HTH x

Latest posts

Back