How do you educate about NSS?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz

Reaction score
I was just wondering how you go about educating those who think NSS salons are wonderful?

I work (in a shop not salon) with two girls who get their nails done, one of them came into work the other day and said 'do you like my nails',i said 'where did you get those done?' she said she got them done at one of these vietnamese (can't spell it!) salons in the next city. I said 'i thought you normally get sally to do your nails' (sally is another girl who used to work with us but has now left to go work in a salon but she is creative trained), this girl then said 'everytime sally does my nails they don't last as long, the glues they use in this other salon are better as they don't come off...its shows how good they are because the other day when i bashed my nail really hard, it almost took my real nail off rather than my tips snapping', then i said 'well i would rather have the tips snap off rather than have my whole natural nail ripped off'. I didn't say it bitchy i just sort of said it giggly but wanted to get my point across and make her think that it would be better if the tip snapped.

so what i was wondering is what sort of things can you say to a person who says this to you, to make them realize?

thanks
luv lau

Hiya
Sounds like the person who you were talking to is more concerned about her enhancement rather than her real nails!

To me, the NSS salons are very good at applying enhancements, its just that they use really hard products which they have to use drills to shape them. I think Gigi mentioned this a few days/weeks ago in another thread.

Just let people know that you take your time to prepare the nail, you ensure that good products are being used, also tools, so that there is NO damage to the natural nail.

Also compare the timings of you and an NSS salon. You are in and out in about 45mins with a whole set!

I'm sure the girls will come round eventually when you let them know the differences.

Hi
there was a post the other day about MMA and NSS salons and the geek gave the following link (sorry I`m crap at remembering who posted what at the minute) but the website might help http://www.beautytech.info/

I think it would be very good to download some of the MMA information and give it to your clients to read during your service.

I sometimes think to read is more powerful and less likely to make others think you are just bad mouthing another technician's work. Reading also carries more 'weight' than the spoken word especially if it is from a reliable source IMO.

present clients with the FACTS rather than your personal opinion. they cant argue with facts can they?

geeg said:
I think it would be very good to download some of the MMA information and give it to your clients to read during your service.

I sometimes think to read is more powerful and less likely to make others think you are just bad mouthing another technician's work. Reading also carries more 'weight' than the spoken word especially if it is from a reliable source IMO.

Here is a link i got from nails magazine. You can print these off and photocopy with your business card on them. Check them out!

http://www.nailsmag.com/resources/handouts.aspx

Latest posts

Back