How Do You Make Money In Beauty ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinktooth21

Reaction score
How Do You Make Money In Beauty ?

Im A Full time Beautician, I Work in a salon and i was just wondering - What do you need to do to earn a good decent pay ?:sad:

At The Moment im 20 so im still young, but in the future there are things i would like to do, And Although I have been doing beauty for 4 years now im concidering giving it all up and doing something different cos im starting to not see the point.

Im working hard and still struggling...

Thanx :(

Is it full time in the salon you're working? The place where I used to work full time, I also done mobile outside working hours. My clients had nothing to do with the salon, I got them all on my own :) get some business cards made and hand them out to friends and family to hand out to THEIR friends and family. After a year I became so busy mobile, I left my salon and I'm now self employed.

Keep at it, you don't want to waste 4 years of working hard! :)

First of all you've got to be good!!!!!

Then sad but true, in most cases you probably have to work for yourself to make money.

Good customer service skills without being pushed around.

And charge what you are worth .. but as already said, you must be very good to do this. Clients will come to you, they may leave for someone cheaper but they will almost definately return again when they see the difference in quality.

If you work for yourself in a salon or mobile or from home it is hard hard work and long hours.

But so worth it in the end.

Don't give up, you are 20 years old. Work hard, learn as much as possible, if you don't know the answers to things either ask or research it on the internet. Build your knowledge base, improve all your practical skills, and when you feel confident start putting your plan together on how you can start working for yourself.

Personally I would never do mobile. These girls are seriously hardcore and I salute them ... travelling under pressure for appointments, loading and unloading their car with all that equpiment gosh knows how many times every day, setting up, packing it away again, kids and pets to contend with, clients not taking it seriously cos they're sitting in their living room ... this list could go on. And these girls never seem to charge enough for all they go through!!

Mobile Ladies, you should be charging for the convenience of someone having you come to their house!! You're awesome.

Jacqui xx

Thanks for that Jacqui, was lovely reading that. I work mobile, and am just getting ready for a full day today after getting in last night at 12.30!!! It is very hard work and as its all for me i cannot say no to money. I also have a 3yr old. Its very hard work but worth it, and im sure it will get easier when I try to reduce my hours a bit.xx

I agree with jacquelieanna! The real people that do mobile work extremely hard, and I know for a fact that I couldnt do it!
It always seems though that people see 'mobile' as the easy option. People at college used to say they'd go mobile and really trivialise it, but once they start it, they'll soon realise.

To the OP, if you want to make real money you'll realistically have to work for yourself! Be prepared for hard work and as said above, if youre good then you will see the rewards!

I have to agree with all the above, although I'm not a beautician or hairdresser, I would highly recommend keeping up to date with trends, keep training, keep re-investing in yourself. As in all walks of life knowledge is key. I'd also add that most of us do what we do because we love it but that doesn't mean you can't earn a decent living.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back