How do you sell your services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
Get yourself out of this one - PROFITABLY!

10 ladies book you for a pamper party… All of them want a mini manicure (file cuticle work, polish) – EASY, you think – 3-hour job and I’m off home!

BUT you get to the venue and ALL the ladies have different nails. On top of that 3 of them fell in love with your beautifully sculpted pink and white l&p enhancements….

• 3 of the ladies have nice nails, but 1 of them has very dry cuticles
  • 3 are nail biters. Of the 3 nail biters, 2 are chronic biters, but desperate to stop, (they are pouring out their hearts to you about the situation). The 2 nail biters want to have l&p enhancements.
  • 1 had fan shaped nails – she wants l&p enhancements but very long ones.
  • 1 had a what you think look like a fungal infection on her hands
  • 2 had very thin nail beds as they were victims of the local NSS salon.
Would you do a mini manicure on all of the ladies?

If not, why not, and what would you do for each of them??

Bear in mind you want at least 90% of these ladies to be potential clients…

Prob should have thought this through abit more b4 going first but in that situation you wouldnt have long to think.

I would do the mini manicure on each and everyone, as thay sit down I get them to fill out their consultation form and tell them their individual program,

what I see (good nails just need care, not using gloves etc.)

Then I tell them what we'll do (treatment program, weekly visit bi-weekly )

Other bits I recommend (cuticle oil, hand cream)

then what the outcome will be, I'd say now your treatment is different to Mary's because............ I'd hopefully come off sounding totally professional and the ladies would be impressed booking their apps

There is no reason I can think of - except greenie of why you wouldnt do it. A mini mani is preparation for the full set and it helps greatly - esp the overgrown cuticle woman. its also great because you are assing the nails and can say " your treatment may take longer as you have a fan shaped nail and I'll correct this by doing xyz"

ADiva1 said:

10 ladies book you for a pamper party… All of them want a mini manicure (file cuticle work, polish) – EASY, you think – 3-hour job and I’m off home!

BUT you get to the venue and ALL the ladies have different nails. On top of that 3 of them fell in love with your beautifully sculpted pink and white l&p enhancements….

• 3 are nail biters. Of the 3 nail biters, 2 are chronic biters, but desperate to stop, (they are pouring out their hearts to you about the situation). The 2 nail biters want to have l&p enhancements.

Good Party!

Mini manicure all of them except the potential fungal infection. Refer her to doctors.

Retail Solar oil to nail biters and dry cuticles

Take your diary and book the nail biters and NNS damaged clients in for full sets in a weeks time after they have used their solar oil for a week and have a little bit of growth and no bleeding/inflamed cuticles.

Sorted, 3 new manicure clients, 6 new enhancement clients - go girl!

Trin
xx

Oh and I'd do an extra special mini mani - a real good hand massage ........... lots of cooing "that polish is sooo lovely on you, see what difference removing that overgrown cuticle has done your hands are glowing soooo youthful! etc. etc" :lick:

by putting my business cards in telephone boxes....woops oh you mean nail services :wink2:

GET OUTTA THERE FAST?

ADiva1 said:

3 x bio overlays (quicker than waiting for polish to dry) and retail some solar oil to the dry cuticle client

MINI MANICURE AS BOOKED, RETAIL SOLAR OIL AND RE BOOK FOR FURTHER 'NAIL BITER PROGRAM/TREATMENT'

FINE FOR ENHANCEMENTS, TELL HER LONG NAILS ARE 'OUT' SHORTER ONES ARE FAR MORE 'CLASSIC' AND PRACTICAL

REFER TO GP

MANICURE, BIO OVERLAY IF SUITABLE FOR STRENGTH AND SOLAR OIL DAILY

ALL BARR THE FUNGAL YES

U DONT WANT ANY CROSS INFECTION FROM THE FUNGAL, AND FOR EACH OF THE OTHER LADIES MAKE SURE I DID A PUKKA JOB AND LEAVE THEM WITH MY CARD.

I always make it clear before the evening that only mini mani's are going to be done. I would then explain my services to them whilst doing their nails. I usually include a little nail art too to just give them something different so you stay in their minds for a while afterwards.

Book them in for fullsets etc at the end.

Keep them coming Geeks!

Just thought I'd do this scenario to see how quick us Nailtechs can think and sell our services (with due care and attention) to maximise our profits...!

Hey well done Amb, you've made a fortune with those Bio overlays AND they'll be coming back for infills, so you've got some clients there, lol!

I just never ever ever use polish anymore, everyone i tell bio about opts for that.....manicure and polish £15 or bio overlay lasts 3 weeks £25....they have bio everytime...barr the odd cheapskate hear and there !! lmao!

Non chip - no smudges - no hanging around waiting for each coat to dry, its totally dry once cured.....adds a strengthening layer to the nail....(i sound like a rep for bio here dont i ! )

amb x

Latest posts

Back