How do you survive in the beauty industry?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjo

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been working in Beauty for over 6 years and as a single mum I have had to claim working tax credits along side my earnings to be able to survive.

I have previously rented a room in a salon, and worked on a self employed basis on commission, I have struggled from day one.

I have applied for jobs so I can earn a wage but they always say it’s a nil hour contract, so basically you won’t get paid if they don’t have clients in.

You have to tell tax credits what you are earning and this proves very difficult as when your self employed you don’t know one month the the next.

I’m at a crossroads now do I stay in Beauty or look for other things.

Thanks

So many salons are looking for staff right now, look for one with a solid job x

So many salons are looking for staff right now, look for one with a solid job x

I have been looking, but it’s hard when you can’t work a late night and can only work alternate Saturday

Well good luck, but you will find somewhere

I have been looking, but it’s hard when you can’t work a late night and can only work alternate Saturday

You’re exactly the sort of person I’d be looking for - you have experience and understand the commitment to running a business, which to me are great qualities. Alternate Saturdays and no lates wouldn’t put me off.

Don’t sell yourself short - there is an employer out there who will be really happy to have you, you just have to find them!

You’re exactly the sort of person I’d be looking for - you have experience and understand the commitment to running a business, which to me are great qualities. Alternate Saturdays and no lates wouldn’t put me off.

Don’t sell yourself short - there is an employer out there who will be really happy to have you, you just have to find them!

Thank you, I feel like iv applied for thousands it hard not to loose heart x

Today I have applied to 20 salons

Good luck - I’d certainly take you if you lived near Brighton!

Bless you thanks, I have a phone interview tomorrow for a Clarins spa so fingers crossed

Great! DM me if you need any intel on Clarins [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back