How Long are NVQ's Valid

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzie66

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know how long NVQ's are valid for if you don't use them? I completed my level 2/3 beauty 10 years ago but never went into beauty. I would now like to work in a salon. I have been told I may need to do the course again!!! HELP

I was under the impression they are for life, as you sit exams ? you wouldn't redo you're A lvls again ? but I'm not really 100% sure :hug:

I would assume they were life long...However I would probably do some refresher and/or conversion courses to get my feet wet again...so much has changed in the last ten years!...I was really good at facials 10 years ago when I qualified as a BT but I wouldn't know my a*** from my elbow now!!!

Good Luck with your new career!! x

Hi,
I agree with Zarra, your Nvq's are life long but because the industry changes so much new techniques etc i would defantly look into some refresher course's just to update yourself and this i find always looks gud to employers if they see you have had CPD recently, but also good for yourself.
xx

They dont run out lol
You may need to do a catch up course in some subjects as some things/regulations will have changed hun. And also just to brush up your skills a little xxx

Hi,

Does anyone know how long NVQ's are valid for if you don't use them? I completed my level 2/3 beauty 10 years ago but never went into beauty. I would now like to work in a salon. I have been told I may need to do the course again!!! HELP

i think your NVQ will still be vaild but many things have proberly changed since then, so maybe you could look into a re-fresher course. x

Latest posts

Back