how long does it take you to spray a full body tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
just cos im interested!!

oh and also, how long do you book out appts for, to allow for the undressing , dressing, chatting ( lol) etc?

I don't think I've actually timed it, the actual spraying, but I allow half an hour because I am a chatterbox :)

It only takes about 5 Min's to do the actual spray,
but i book out half an hour so the client doesnt feel rushed, also gives extra time to answer all questions and give advise hth

Hi i would book out 30mins in my book. 15 mins tan, 15 mins chit-chat! x

I allow half hour too. I would hate to have clients feel they are rushed.

A new client fills out their consultation card which takes all of 5 mins. Then I go through a full run down of the procedure so that they are put at ease. The tan takes 10 mins tops. I give them the option to stand in front of my fire before dressing or some get dressed straight away.

Regular clients come in.. get undressed while I am setting up my machine and their tan takes 10 mins tops.. they could be in and out in 20 mins but I still allow 30 mins so if they are not rushed. Saying that most are usually in and out in about 20 mins.

How long is it taking you Nikki.. it can take a bit longer if you have to set up your booth and if you are mobile as obviously you have to carry all your kit into the clients house then set up, I would think at least half hour if not a bit more in this instance, that is unless you are speedy Gonzalas Gemma who says she can do it in 15 mins - in and out .. she must be on roller skates lol!!!

:hug:

im doing the actual tan in about 10 mins, give or take some quicker some longer
but am booking out 30 mins per person to allow for everything else

if you are a speedy sprayer, do you have the setting on the gun to allow more liquid out and you just spray quick, ?
does this give the same results as a slower spray with less liquid coming through the gun?
as i think i could do it quicker but, dont want to compromise the tan at my newbie staus

I usually take around half an hour, thats mobile, getting in, setting up while they fill in consultation form and quick 5 mins running through procedure, spray prob 10 mins, they get dressed while i pack away chatting at the same time, out the door...

I usually allow a bit longer because I have had the odd couple of people not be ready when I arrive and actually go and get in the shower or still need to remove make up etc!! :eek:. I'm going to put a bit on my site when I update it to say about being ready or there will be an extra charge, it has taken me an extra 20 mins before waiting for people and that is not good if you are due to be at the next clients house.

I used to book out half hour, 15 mins spraying 15 mins undressing-dressing.

I work mobile for spray tan and from arriving at their house to leaving, it takes me 30 mins (it used to be an hour when i first started:eek:)

If its a new client then it usually takes about 45 mins as go through consultation etc..

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
im doing the actual tan in about 10 mins, give or take some quicker some longer
but am booking out 30 mins per person to allow for everything else

if you are a speedy sprayer, do you have the setting on the gun to allow more liquid out and you just spray quick, ?
does this give the same results as a slower spray with less liquid coming through the gun?
as i think i could do it quicker but, dont want to compromise the tan at my newbie staus

The thing is Nikki.. its not about speed-spraying.. its about customer service. If clients wanted a very speedy service then they would surely be better going to a spray booth, popping in their coins and prey that they have a half decent tan with no missed bits and no patching.

Even though we have to make a living.. the primary goal is customer satisfaction and giving them a 'full' service and this has to take more than 15 mins from start to finish, even regular clients would need 20 mins so that they can feel comfortable and happy that you are doing a professional service.

I am sure there will be a record somewhere that can do tans in 5 mins.. well hey ho who cares... let them. I know which my clients prefer and that is what is important to me. :hug:

if im mobile - I book out 45 mins or so to allow me to to set up, consult chit chat, aftercare etc, but if I'm in the salon its 15 mins, it takes me about 5 mins to spray the body regardless of weather I am mobile or in the salon. A lot of it depends on the type of machine you use, for example when I was using a compressor it would take about 15 mins, I now use a hvlp machine and it takes around 5 mins. I have used an airbrush pen in the past and this took much longer. hth's x

I normally book about 30 mins. The spray only takes 5 - 10 mins tops but then the chin wag takes longer as I set up and clear away after lol.

thanks for all the replies so far xxx
can someone in the know clarify my point,,, if you have the gun set so more liquid comes out and you spray faster, is the result the same as if the gun is set so the liquid comes out slower so you spray slower???

just interested

lol

thanks for all the replies so far xxx
can someone in the know clarify my point,,, if you have the gun set so more liquid comes out and you spray faster, is the result the same as if the gun is set so the liquid comes out slower so you spray slower???

just interested

lol

I would think that if you had more liquid coming out and spraying faster you may well get a quicker tan.. but I would think you would get more overspray and use an un-necessarily amount of solution.

thanks jen xxxxx

Not sure how long it takes me to spray (maybe because I havent been spraying for ages that I am slower), but more than 15mins, now could that me down to my gun/compressor?

Have been told though by a client that I was much better than her last sprayer, as she felt that I took my time, and didnt miss any areas.

Are HVLP quicker? I have an Iwata compressor.

I book out 1/2 hour and at times with new clients it can take this long to run over procedure discuss after care etc

But with my regular tan ladies they are in and out in 10 mins!!

I book 30 minutes for each spray tan client xx

it takes me about 15 mins to do the tan , and i book out half an hour, oooh infact i mgiht get one done today actually , lol x

Half an hour for the appointment. I set up my equipment and tent etc whilst the client is fillling out the consultation form. I then read over and double check it and go over the procedure, then the tan takes 10 mins max.

Latest posts

Back