How many waxes before you felt confident?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jambo x

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently trained in waxing and am worrying about the eyebrows and getting wax in places I shouldn't etc!

Just wondering how many times practicing did it take before you thought "right I'm ready to go!"

Thank you :)

Hey Jambo,

Eyebrows were my biggest thing I wanted to conquer, now they're my second favourite things to wax.
I found by going not too close to the brow hair with the wax then tidying up with tweezers really helped to start with. As with anything the more you do the more confident you'll feel. I'd say it took me around 5-6 sets of eyebrows to feel I was getting the hang of things.
I've now just booked another training course to properly design, tint and sculpt brows as I love doing them so much as at the moment I can only offer a brow tidy with waxing. X

Hey Jambo,

Eyebrows were my biggest thing I wanted to conquer, now they're my second favourite things to wax.
I found by going not too close to the brow hair with the wax then tidying up with tweezers really helped to start with. As with anything the more you do the more confident you'll feel. I'd say it took me around 5-6 sets of eyebrows to feel I was getting the hang of things.
I've now just booked another training course to properly design, tint and sculpt brows as I love doing them so much as at the moment I can only offer a brow tidy with waxing. X
Brilliant thank you!

Don't forget to put vaseline over anything you don't want to wax off - wax won't adhere to it!

Don't forget to put vaseline over anything you don't want to wax off - wax won't adhere to it!

I sign this one! For me eyebrows was really scary, but when I got the tips to use vaseline over the area i did`nt want to wax, it got sooo much easier! After a few times with vaseline, i waxed with out it. Only with clients who I`m shaping I still sometimes use vaseline, and eyebrow wax/shaping is one of my favourits! It is so fun to see how different a "small" change can give a face :)

NB! Before I strated shaping, I learned alot how the eyebrow "should be", lenght, symmetry ect.. And of course, talking to the client and get to know what they want.

I also like to colour the eyebrows before i wax (if the client want it), this makes it easier too see what to wax, and what I have to work with in shaping.

The best tips overall, is to use vaseline (I use petrolium jelly, maybe its the same?) over the ares you dont want to wax. And if you are using strips, make sure no wax is on the strips if you put the strips in a area you dont wnt to wax or have put vaseline on. In the beginning, I cut small pieces of strips, and after I`d used it once, I took new one.

Good look, and enjoy! Its really fun when u get a hang of it! And dont stress about time, use the time u need. It`s better with a good result which take longer time then opisite! :)

Agree with the Vaseline tip, always make me feel way more calm knowing that it would act as a barrier to any wax!

I sign this one! For me eyebrows was really scary, but when I got the tips to use vaseline over the area i did`nt want to wax, it got sooo much easier! After a few times with vaseline, i waxed with out it. Only with clients who I`m shaping I still sometimes use vaseline, and eyebrow wax/shaping is one of my favourits! It is so fun to see how different a "small" change can give a face :)

NB! Before I strated shaping, I learned alot how the eyebrow "should be", lenght, symmetry ect.. And of course, talking to the client and get to know what they want.

I also like to colour the eyebrows before i wax (if the client want it), this makes it easier too see what to wax, and what I have to work with in shaping.

The best tips overall, is to use vaseline (I use petrolium jelly, maybe its the same?) over the ares you dont want to wax. And if you are using strips, make sure no wax is on the strips if you put the strips in a area you dont wnt to wax or have put vaseline on. In the beginning, I cut small pieces of strips, and after I`d used it once, I took new one.

Good look, and enjoy! Its really fun when u get a hang of it! And dont stress about time, use the time u need. It`s better with a good result which take longer time then opisite! :)
Thank you! I really appreciate that!! X

Latest posts

Back