How much liquid do you use per full body spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Sometimes I sit here after speaking with a customer and have to dig very deep not to burst into:lol::lol:

I have rescently spoken with a customer who uses a certain brand (not ours) who was looking to change brands because her customers were comming out rather dark,messy and wet after a spraytan.

After trolling through the usual questions(possible equipment problems etc) I was drawing a bit of a blank as to what the problem could be.

It wasnt until the back end of the discussion that I asked her "how much liquid " did she use for a full body spray.

After a pause she came back with " oh about half a bottle (that's 500ml per customer sprayed)...is that to much?"

So there was the answer and we are well on our way to now rectifying her "little " problem.

This is not the first time I have heard of so much liquid being used ...so hence the question........How much liquid do you use per full body spray?

Looking forward to hearing what you guy's use-Please leave brand names out of answers :hug:

PMSL
between 20mls and 30mls depending on the size of the canvas
i think you can guess what i use lol :lol:

500ml - what!

I use the minimist T100 machine, I fill it half full and usually have half or more left not sure how much I use per tan then!:)

ok, I use the minimist too and I usually fill the bottle to just under the "oops mustn't mention the brand name" logo.... pmsl.

I normally have used about a centimetre of solution if that? probably less? :green:

Blimey, so she won't be making any money then lol. No wonder they were coming out wet!

I use around 40 mls of solution sometimes a little more depending on the client.

She didnt mean half of the cup though did she? 500mls seems so excessive. Surely they would be absolutely dripping ...

I use about 40-50ml

not getting value for money there then is she

i use between 20mls and 30mls

which i think is pretty good

i use 40 to 50 mls

I would say between 30 & 40 mls, sometimes a little less if the client is very slim or a child.

I currently use the Tc3 machine, but I used to also get the same out of my Minimist.

Initially I used about 50-55ml per tan with minimist. I then found I was using (after about 6 -7 months spraying) approx 95ml:eek: this was to get the same result as previously:eek:

I changed to 2 other brands since I started using 95 ml.

I now use about 40ml with both brands still using the same minimist machine, so I have no idea what changed with my 1st solution.

bout 30 to 40ml depending on client

Approx 40-50ml - more if a larger client....:)

well it does seem that the amount used does vary dependant on a number of factors(size of customer etc)

But I wonder....when you first started spraying...did you use more liquid than you do once you have gained confidence and skill level has increased...I.E. are you better at controlling overspray?

For those that use more than others...have you tried turning your gun output down and seeing if this turns out as good a tan as before??

im definately going to see if i can use less,
im new at this, and wonder how i can actually use less liquid whilst still delivering a tan with no problems??
any advice appreciated??

im definately going to see if i can use less,
im new at this, and wonder how i can actually use less liquid whilst still delivering a tan with no problems??
any advice appreciated??

Try turning your gun down slowly in small steps..trust your liquid and skill....bet you can turn out a fab tan and use less...remember"less is more"
Give it a try :hug:

going to give it a try !! lol
thanks collin,
got five tomorrow night so will get my measuring cup out again lol

How much was she charging?? Surely she cant get a whole 500ml in your cup???? She must have to stop and refill.

She might as well have swilled her client with the bottle and let her drip dry!

well it does seem that the amount used does vary dependant on a number of factors(size of customer etc)

But I wonder....when you first started spraying...did you use more liquid than you do once you have gained confidence and skill level has increased...I.E. are you better at controlling overspray?

For those that use more than others...have you tried turning your gun output down and seeing if this turns out as good a tan as before??

For me at first I was fine a little heavier but not much I then was up to 95ml to get the same tan.

I did try less and my tans were pants. Once I switched to a new solution I was down to 40ml straight away and perfect results.

Weird !!!!!

i use around 50ml when i first started out i was using 100ml :eek: yes i know a lot :lol: but been told how to fix the problem and been ok ever since still getting good results after using 50ml less. half a bottle 500ml well that is a lot, lol.

Latest posts

Back