How much liquid do you use per full body spray

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so I have no idea what changed with my 1st solution.

Viscosity I guess! I had a solution manufacturer change on me a couple of years back and it made a huge differnce as to the quantity I used.

I use about 25-30ml with my airbrush, but it takes slightly longer, and about 35 -40mls with my minimist (I use this for mobile work) but I'm done in 5 minutes, so for me it's swings and roundabouts.

Thats said....I always prefer my airbrush. It's just so........refined! But you really need to use one to know just what I'm on about!

well it does seem that the amount used does vary dependant on a number of factors(size of customer etc)

But I wonder....when you first started spraying...did you use more liquid than you do once you have gained confidence and skill level has increased...I.E. are you better at controlling overspray?

For those that use more than others...have you tried turning your gun output down and seeing if this turns out as good a tan as before??

initially i was using about 90 to 100 ml.. after getting to know my gun, and turning my out put lower i now use around 40 to 50 ml.. still early days.

ok, had a look on my cup and i reckon i'm using around 20-25ml size depending, 30 max!

40 - 50 still seems a lot? that's 2 tans for me! if you could cut your solution down you would double your profit! :green:

ok, had a look on my cup and i reckon i'm using around 20-25ml size depending, 30 max!

40 - 50 still seems a lot? that's 2 tans for me! if you could cut your solution down you would double your profit! :green:

Absolutley spot on Sherrie...thats the whole purpose of this thread...take on board the "less is more" concept and enjoy the benifits that brings.

Lyndsay I agree and also find that an airbrush uses less liquid than the HVLP method and that each has it's own place.

Strange though that when using the airbrush it seems there is more overspray when in fact there is less.

So..as someone said on TV..."try something new today" and turn that gun dial down a click and see how you get on...it's just a confidence thing..but go on give it a go:hug:

Well i have checked my spray gun and its 40ml!! :) used to be 100ml definitely till i switched for a new machine. never looked back. Even i used 40ml, there are still loads left so i put the remaining solution back into the bottle!!
Less is definitely more!!

xxxxx

Hi

When I first started it was about 50 mls per customer. Now it never goes above 40 mls per customer.

Definitely its a case of being confident in your application and knowing where you've tanned!

i dont even know how much i use. although i think i do use too much!!

how much does a mini mist cup hold out of interest?

Is it different for each brand? Do you find that the more expensive spray tans use less liquid, so it balances itself out? I've trained so many waxers who are spray tanners that I'm curious. I know one thing........they all love doing it and are making a good living from it which is brilliant. xxx

how much does a mini mist cup hold out of interest?

hi Kate..how are you??...do you know I don't know but I will first thing in the morning :hug:

I can help...

The cup holds 250ml when full ....:)

ah ok, that makes me feel a bit better. I maybe use 50 - 60 ml max. I could easily get 4 - 5 tans out of filling the cup. I used to mark the bottle each time i finished a tan and i poured the solution back in. so i could see how many i was getting. should do that again!

I have to have my machine turned up quite high these days, otherwise nothing comes out. So i do get some overspray!

Could probs do with stripping it down and giving it a good clean i spose. I run water through it, but might not be enough, i have had it for 3 years now!! lol.
Might get a new one actually, once i've recovered from paying for my dermalift!! lol.

its killing me, not bein able to go shopping!

...I need a rich, gorgeous boyfriend ...anyone?! lol. :green:

Could probs do with stripping it down and giving it a good clean i spose. I run water through it, but might not be enough, i have had it for 3 years now!! lol.

Kate..get that gun stripped down and cleaned ASAP...3 years without a clean :rolleyes: that is disgracefull :):)..if you need some help get the gun in front of you,give me a call and I will happily talk you through the process..its easy and takes 5 min's and does need doing on a regular basis:hug::hug:

nooo, i have done it before. maybe twice hahaha.
The only bit i struggle with is the spring!! and i need physical help rather than phone support!! lol!

I clean the filter every couple of months... :D lol.

Have done my first two spray tans in ages tonight so I thought I would re-assess my solution usage, I was going on sprays I did about 18 months ago.
Today's result is 25ml per person - there, that's better.

Have done my first two spray tans in ages tonight so I thought I would re-assess my solution usage, I was going on sprays I did about 18 months ago.
Today's result is 25ml per person - there, that's better.

Absolutley fantastic..well done :hug:

Yup I use about 25-30mls too, think thats about right

:hug:

:rolleyes: hi All
I have just started spray tanning & found i used far too much on my daughter who was my first client lol" it was dripping off her , i used half a bottle, on my training there was no mention of how to adjust the gun , i followed the instruction on the leaflet & think i got the gun right now. i use the mini mist machine .

Latest posts

Back