How to achieve this look?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabel.Blake

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm doing s group of girls for a wedding in September and the bride has sent me a picture of what she wants. I use bio sculpture so would anyone that also uses this recommend the closest colour? Only one I gave is Rose by happy to get a new one. And anyone got any tips on how to achieve the glitter fade in the easiest way?? Thanks in advanced xxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1502652769.340959.jpg

I use OPI so I can recommend a sheer off white like Funny Bunny or Act your beige. You can use your top coat and mix your silver glitter with it. Not too much glitter because too much and it won't cure properly. Start from the cuticle area with the most of your glitter mix and drag down gently. Hth

I use OPI so I can recommend a sheer off white like Funny Bunny or Act your beige. You can use your top coat and mix your silver glitter with it. Not too much glitter because too much and it won't cure properly. Start from the cuticle area with the most of your glitter mix and drag down gently. Hth
Never think to mix with top coat !! Thank you so much, will have a look at the opi colours aswell xx

For glitter fade, I just use a small gel/nail art brush to pick the loose glitter up and then dab it onto the tacky layer of the last colour coat, then you can place the glitter how ever you need too. Then top coat ( I have a separate topcoat for glitters otherwise u get glitter in your topcoat) x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1502701613.068596.jpg

For glitter fade, I just use a small gel/nail art brush to pick the loose glitter up and then dab it onto the tacky layer of the last colour coat, then you can place the glitter how ever you need too. Then top coat ( I have a separate topcoat for glitters otherwise u get glitter in your topcoat) x
View attachment 205736
X2 this is what I do to

View attachment 205736

They look amazing!!! The only issues I have when using loose glitter. Is when I put the topcoat on at the end I end up spreading it down the nail where I don't want it to be. How do I ensure it sticks to the part I want to too. Do I cure it then topcoat or just topcoat straight after

They look amazing!!! The only issues I have when using loose glitter. Is when I put the topcoat on at the end I end up spreading it down the nail where I don't want it to be. How do I ensure it sticks to the part I want to too. Do I cure it then topcoat or just topcoat straight after
I usually press it into the tacky layer slightly, I then try to float the top coat over it rather than drag the brush down, I do get the odd bits moving I just wipe them away before curing.

Another option is putting a little dap of topcoat on tin foil then using your nail art brush, get some topcoat on it first then some glitter and press it in to the tacky layer, then cure, then topcoat it x does that make sense ?

I find the easiest and quickest way for me to do a glitter fade is to use a gel color with dense glitter (not too much clear), use the bottle's brush to apply a dab at the end, take a design brush and pull some down, cure, and top coat.

Romantique shellac and tap loose glitter at the cuticle area after youve cured the second coat while its still tacky

Thank you all so much will post pictures when I've done it !!!

Thank you all so much will post pictures when I've done it !!!

Latest posts

Back