How to handle my clients being lured elsewhere...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about the cheek of this!

I work full time and decided to do mobile spray tanning in the evenings and weekends. There was some talk that my boss may not be entirely happy with employees taking ona second job so out of courtesy met with him to let him know what I was doing and that it wouldn't affect my job.

Now my boss is absolutely minted, does not need the money whatsoever. Is married to a women half his age and they have three children under the age of five.

He has only gone behind my back and set his wife up with her own mobile spray tan business so now we will be in competition with each other.

I am absolutely livid about it, not so much the competition but the principal of the whole thing and that I had to learn this from one of my colleagues. He hasn't had the decency to tell me himself....

Sorry, rant over!

How about the cheek of this!

I work full time and decided to do mobile spray tanning in the evenings and weekends. There was some talk that my boss may not be entirely happy with employees taking ona second job so out of courtesy met with him to let him know what I was doing and that it wouldn't affect my job.

Now my boss is absolutely minted, does not need the money whatsoever. Is married to a women half his age and they have three children under the age of five.

He has only gone behind my back and set his wife up with her own mobile spray tan business so now we will be in competition with each other.

I am absolutely livid about it, not so much the competition but the principal of the whole thing and that I had to learn this from one of my colleagues. He hasn't had the decency to tell me himself....

Sorry, rant over!

I can understand the feeling you have but if she has 3 kids under 5 then I would not be too worried - I doubt if she will have the energy and if they have the money it will not be a driving force to succeed.

The thing is with all these threads that it is the feeling of being shafted that hurts. However they really will not affect your business - cause a few hiccups maybe but only short term. Just move on and concentrate on doing the best for your clients. As has been mentioned clients come because of the person as well as the service:hug: which is a very important factor.

You will never stop clients trying other new places etc, you can ensure they come back by offering a top class service, they will soon see the grass it not greener the other side and hopefully come running back :)

Latest posts

Back