How to keep them coming back?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cey

Reaction score
Hey guys any suggestions on how to keep customers coming back?
I always do monthly deals and package deals but I feel I need a spark in my business!
Any suggestions?
Thanks x

Hi hun,

Sounds scary but you need to completely stop doing deals. And just give a dam good service to keep them coming back.

I'm going to give you an example with groupon. I would never run a groupon deal because groupon clients are loyal to groupon. They are after the best deal and wont return.

I've recently moved due to partners job. I'm not going to be here that long so am not concerned about building up a client base. I'm self employed at a salon. So I do the salons clients, and bring in some of my own online via special offers.

So I've got a direct comparison of clients. I much prefer the salon clients and not my special offer ones. They're happier to spend more, my offer clients are much younger and don't have as much disposable income.

You needs to target your services to the right clients.

Good luck xx

The service they recieve is what keeps them coming back! Not just the physical service but also the customer service, if they feel valued & important they will always come back :)

Hi hun,

Sounds scary but you need to completely stop doing deals. And just give a dam good service to keep them coming back.

I'm going to give you an example with groupon. I would never run a groupon deal because groupon clients are loyal to groupon. They are after the best deal and wont return.

I've recently moved due to partners job. I'm not going to be here that long so am not concerned about building up a client base. I'm self employed at a salon. So I do the salons clients, and bring in some of my own online via special offers.

So I've got a direct comparison of clients. I much prefer the salon clients and not my special offer ones. They're happier to spend more, my offer clients are much younger and don't have as much disposable income.

Good luck xx

Thanks so much for that, you are right. Sometimes I find it hard to Charge my friends and family full price but I need to stop being a softy! I have come such a long way and do try my best, no more deals! X

I totally agree with what's already been said.... I run offers for particular occasions (Mother's Day, Valentine's, Summer Savers etc) which does tend to drum up some new business (I also pick up loyal & regular clients from gift vouchers) But all of the ones who were enticed in by an offer & then become regulars, do so because of the quality of treatments and personal service I offer. For me offers also attract the type of client who becomes a 'regular'..... but only book when there's an offer on (and have been known to get in touch to ask when there will be another offer!) Grow a steady, loyal client base through your own USP's and expertise. Stand out from the "£10 offer" salons. For good clients it's not all about the money. :)

Hi hun,

Good luck xx

This is why I don't do offers to attract new clients. I reward my loyal clients instead. Also there's none of the girls in salon I work who do offers. Nor the other salons in the town.

Only just got my internet back! Thanks guys! I also don't agree with groups etc, might just stick to special occasions also. Really appreciate the feedback, will have a look at the thread now x

How about a recommend a friend scheme. Events in salon are good if you have something new to promote, you could do treatment demonstrations etc, you should check with your suppliers as sometimes they're willing to sponsor and pay for the costs associated with the event, the skincare company we use do this and they send a rep out to help on the night. Hope this helps X

That sounds like fun thanks for that

Completely agree with stopping your deals. I used to do them and found people would wait for the deal to book appointments. One lady even messaged me saying "hi i really need my hair doing and waiting for your next deal when is it going to be"
Also people dont mind missing out on a deal because they know another one will be up soon.
When i wasnt running a deal i was always really quiet because of this.
I have now closed my business and moved to do rent a chair in a nearby salon and wont be running deals again in the future xx

Latest posts

Back