How to prevent wax sticking to your gloves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
Hi guys

can anyone of you beauty therapists give me any tips on how to prevent wax getting on your gloves when your waxing>

Everytime I seem to do a waxing treatment I always find I get wax on my gloves and this proves very embarassing when doing a treatment.

for example I was doing a simple eyebrow wax the other day and the waxing strip got stuck on me gloves lol.. how embarrassing in the end I ended up taking the glove off, and putting a new one on.

Is there anything you can put on the gloves to stop the wax sticking to them as is terrablly time wasting and very embarrinsing when you get in that sticky moment,( if you know what i mean ).

I am not doing mobile anymore and have rented a room so i seriously need all your help guys

can anyone help??

What gloves do you use.Nitrile ones are not so prone to sticking and you need them very tight fitting.Try rubbing a tiny bit of oil into your gloved hands before you start.

Use Talc!

This will solve your problem in an instant, just when you can feel your gloves sticking, sprinkle some talc in the palm of your hand and rub both hands together. This will save you having to keep replacing your gloves during a treatment.

Hope this helps :D

Wax equipment cleaner is good 2 spray onto your hands when they feel tacky with wax

I agree with Gillian, a little drop of oil rubbed in should work.

Lavander Rose, are you using latex gloves? If so.. they are a bit of a nightmare with wax. I wear vinyl or nitrile, they are much more user friendly for waxing :)

p.s. I prefer vinyl

Thanks guys

ive tried the oil and it certainly does work my waxing is better than ever now

thanks soooo much

Don't wear gloves LOL...............don't shoot me everyone...........only joking,

Talking of wax sticking. I was doing Reiki one time and the guys laying there in the darkened room with the bling blong music and the candles burning. I turned the dimmer switch down too low, so I'm edging my way round the room to get the bed. Anyway, I'm standing at the side of the bed without shoes but pop socks on under my trousers (sexy). I'm just getting into it with my arms outstretched over his body when I try to move sideways, along his body but I'm stuck..........going nowhere. Some bloody wax that the previous therapist had dripped on the floor. So I'm standing there like Pinnochio, arms in the air, trying to lift my feet but the socks are stretching and stretching and still stuck to the wax. Not wanting to alert the client, I have to act cool and carry on moving until the socks stretched so much that they pinged off my feet and finished the healing barefoot. You couldn't make it up. xxx

Don't wear gloves LOL...............don't shoot me everyone...........only joking,

Talking of wax sticking. I was doing Reiki one time and the guys laying there in the darkened room with the bling blong music and the candles burning. I turned the dimmer switch down too low, so I'm edging my way round the room to get the bed. Anyway, I'm standing at the side of the bed without shoes but pop socks on under my trousers (sexy). I'm just getting into it with my arms outstretched over his body when I try to move sideways, along his body but I'm stuck..........going nowhere. Some bloody wax that the previous therapist had dripped on the floor. So I'm standing there like Pinnochio, arms in the air, trying to lift my feet but the socks are stretching and stretching and still stuck to the wax. Not wanting to alert the client, I have to act cool and carry on moving until the socks stretched so much that they pinged off my feet and finished the healing barefoot. You couldn't make it up. xxx

:lol::lol::lol::lol: pmsl!!

Latest posts

Back