I am currently doing my training in hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeane

Reaction score
I am trying to understand the colouring side of it. We are using Matrix. My base is about a 5 and I have a lighter colour going through my base, because I don't like the darkness. I also have 12% bleach lightlights going through my hair. I want to change this to a light brown with lots of lighter browns maybe even a slight copper going through it. Please explain how I would do this.

I am trying to understand the colouring side of it. We are using Matrix. My base is about a 5 and I have a lighter colour going through my base, because I don't like the darkness. I also have 12% bleach lightlights going through my hair. I want to change this to a light brown with lots of lighter browns maybe even a slight copper going through it. Please explain how I would do this.
I also don't want any red in my hair so how can this be avoided please

12% bleach highlights? You shouldn't need to go higher than 6% from a level 5. Anything higher will just cause undue damage to the cuticle layer.
Adding lighter brown colours sounds like something you could get a fellow student to do during a salon practical with a tutor supervising. You'll struggle to get it looking even if you tried to do it yourself.

Hi thanks for the response. When would you need to use 12% on a base of 4? That's what my hairdresser uses. I wonder why she uses a 12% on my hair. I am not going to do it myself or get a student as I am fussy about what it will look like. What would you use/ do to achieve what I want? Just out of interest and so I can learn and understand. Thank you

If you are a student, use your block head to practice? And take some strands from your hair.
Practice with different strengths of bleach and heat methods- if you buy cheap bleach/developers in sallies it won't be that expensive. Look at toners. I'm surprised it doesn't explain more in your course textbook? They will explain about levels and lightening in your course so maybe wait until then. Until you get there, familiarise yourself with Matrix who have hair hacks on YouTube- do a search as they have lots of tutorials free for anyone xx

Good Luck with your training.

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated

Latest posts

Back